1991 fatboy V&H Short Shots

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Alan68, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Alan68

Alan68 New Member

I put short shots on my bike and lost a lot of horse power I changed the Jets in my S&S carb intermediate to #31 and the Main Jet to #72 It still has no power like before please someone help me.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Your problem is the pipes, too short and need some back pressure to run right.

3. Alan68

Alan68 New Member

How do I get the back pressure is there something i can buy like discs or baffles.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

5. HDFXST7

HDFXST7 New Member

I had the same problem and the first thing i put in was a bolt (same thread but the length going through the existing hole and hitting the other side.) and with the help of glider; i was able to rejet my bike with the short shots and what a difference! And all it cost was a $1.00 (.50 each). An old friend of mine calls them splitters; it was used a lot back in the day. I hope this helps!:d

6. Alan68

Alan68 New Member

Which hole the one that holds the baffle in or the end caps and what jets did you use i have the kit with about 6 jets in it. tks man.

And Glider thanks for your help as well.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

8. HDFXST7

HDFXST7 New Member

Change out the small alan head screws that hold the baffles. I go to ace hardware only because the have almost every screw, bolt etc out there. Just take along the same screw and get one longer. If you need a pic just email me at ( edit -email removed- Please use PM or e-mail here on the forum ]. Now for you jets......i don't know what to use since i have a stock cv carb and you're running an s&s. I hope this helps......

Note = Please use the PM or e-mail here on the forum

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  9. Big-Daddy

Big-Daddy Account Removed

So just put a longer screw in the hole so it reaches the other side of the pipe? Thats gives it back pressure?