free website stats program 1991 fatboy V&H Short Shots | Harley Davidson Forums

1991 fatboy V&H Short Shots

Alan68

I put short shots on my bike and lost a lot of horse power I changed the Jets in my S&S carb intermediate to #31 and the Main Jet to #72 It still has no power like before please someone help me.

I had the same problem and the first thing i put in was a bolt (same thread but the length going through the existing hole and hitting the other side.) and with the help of glider; i was able to rejet my bike with the short shots and what a difference! And all it cost was a $1.00 (.50 each). An old friend of mine calls them splitters; it was used a lot back in the day. I hope this helps!:d

Which hole the one that holds the baffle in or the end caps and what jets did you use i have the kit with about 6 jets in it. tks man.

And Glider thanks for your help as well.

Change out the small alan head screws that hold the baffles. I go to ace hardware only because the have almost every screw, bolt etc out there. Just take along the same screw and get one longer. If you need a pic just email me at ( edit -email removed- Please use PM or e-mail here on the forum ]. Now for you jets......i don't know what to use since i have a stock cv carb and you're running an s&s. I hope this helps......

Note = Please use the PM or e-mail here on the forum

Last edited by a moderator:
So just put a longer screw in the hole so it reaches the other side of the pipe? Thats gives it back pressure?

Back