free website stats program 1991 Dyna Glide Sturgis Edition | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1991 Dyna Glide Sturgis Edition

Picked up this bike last year. Disassembled it and plan on building it this coming spring. Are these bikes sought after by collectors? Should I try to restore it (not my initial plan) since less then 1600 of these bikes were made and out of that a few hundred were shipped over seas. What would this bike be worth if I just built it the way I wanted?

The plate that had the production number in that location is gone. Is there another way of finding out what production number I have?

Maybe from the VIN. I don't know, but it brings me to the original question.

My knee jerk thinking was bring it back to stock. It is a very cool looking bike and probably will not go down in value, only up as time goes by.
But depending on the condition AND having most of the original parts it may not be worth it.

I THINK Harley Davidson has an archives section that can tell you the number your Sturgis was. If you go to the HD website and start searching you might find a link that will help. I doubt it will be easy.

Originally the number was just above the turn signal/oil press/high beam indicators. There is a pic in the attached, you may have to click on "see original listing" to get all the pics. TQ may know if there is other ways to find the number.
Harley Davidson Dyna | eBay

I THINK Harley Davidson has an archives section that can tell you the number your Sturgis was. If you go to the HD website and start searching you might find a link that will help. I doubt it will be easy.

Breeze has you covered on this one. The issue number is on a plate under the indicator lights on the headlight cover. Look at yours very carefully to see is there seems to be a "step" around the inside edge of the indent. Someone may have painted over your plate for some reason. It would be a bit difficult to remove (but not impossible). See the pix from my bike below.

I do not know if the VIN number has the issue number embedded in it somehow. It is not straight-forward if it is. But get hold of HD Customer Support and as them. They will tell you based on your VIN number.

Cheers,

TQ

Attachments

• Sturgis Series Number-1.jpg
    Sturgis Series Number-1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Sturgis Series Number-2.jpg
    Sturgis Series Number-2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 11
Back