free website stats program 1990 Tour Glide Electrical Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

1990 Tour Glide Electrical Problem

I have a 1990 Tour Glide Classic with the frame mounted fairing and double headlights. here's my problem. My headlights, volt guage, and oil pressure guage stopped working. Everything else on the bike works fine. I'm pretty sure my bike has circuit breakers and i have a service manual for the bike, and it looks like all 3 are in conjunction with each other-but thats where the diagram on the page ends. I can't find where the circuit breaker or fuse or whatever to get these working again. Can anybody help as I am supposed to go to Vermont/ New Hampshire this coming weekend. Thanks, Jim.

Every thing in your fairing has a quick connections to enhance assembly and amintenance. The Electra Glides and Sport all use about the same wiring harness. So if every thing in the fairing lost power then you need to trace the hot wires to the faiirng and the gronds to the frame. Oh, yes you will find most of the wiring underneath the speedo and tach. That is an open area and prone to the element corrosion. Fossil

i have a service manual for the bike, and it looks like all 3 are in conjunction with each other-but thats where the diagram on the page ends.

Jim,
The diagram can't just end. It has to continue on another page somewhere. If the diagram does end on one page, it will give you some connecting point to be picked up on another page.
Now if the manual your using is not a genuine HD, there is no telling what has been left out. But if it is a Genuine HD service manual, trust me, it is in there.

Hoop!

I have a 1990 Tour Glide Classic with the frame mounted fairing and double headlights. here's my problem. My headlights, volt guage, and oil pressure guage stopped working. Everything else on the bike works fine. I'm pretty sure my bike has circuit breakers and i have a service manual for the bike, and it looks like all 3 are in conjunction with each other-but thats where the diagram on the page ends. I can't find where the circuit breaker or fuse or whatever to get these working again. Can anybody help as I am supposed to go to Vermont/ New Hampshire this coming weekend. Thanks, Jim.

See the attached diagram, I hope its the right one

Attachments

• 1988-93_FLHS_889.jpg
    1988-93_FLHS_889.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 44
Hi, behind the headlights, theres the mounting for the fairing,theres an earth that bolts up to this, could be worth checking.

Madlee said earth thats the ground I think. The the diagram above is for a FLHS and yours is a FLT they may be different. I have a 89 flht and the orange wire feeds most every thing.(positive) try a test light to see if you have power, if you do, it must be a bad ground.

I just looked in my 1990 service manual wiring diagram shows only common wire to all 3 is the ground. I'd look around for the ground on the front of the frame and wiggle them with a test light in the headlight plug with the ground on the black wire and the test light on a good positive. Good luck:s

Thanks to everybody that replied. I found the problem. I owe you one Fossil. I took the speedo and tach assembly off the bike-also needed to disconnect speedo cable for clearance and there they were, four circuit breakers staring at me. One of the nuts was loose and was fixed with a little twist of a 3/8 inch socket. Thanks again and ride safe. Jim.

Back