free website stats program 1990 fxrs | Harley Davidson Forums

1990 fxrs

fc-90

I bought it new in 1990 and have been riding it for almost 20 years now. Very little in the way of problems and it still runs strong with an EV13cam- Bub exhaust - Jacobs coil and Forcewinder air filter/intake. Attached are photos of one of our first trips, summer of 1990, to New Mexico and Colorado. My son rode the FXR and we rode our 1989 FLH it was the start of many great trips. The bike has always sat in the middle of my shop and is now an old friend indeed. It sat idle for a while until another old friend dropped in and decided it needed to be on the road. Lt. Col. Tom Koller (German Air Force) helped me get her going. Thats him sitting on the bike and a shot of him in his big toy the Eurofighter Typhoon. He still rides his 1992 Dyna low rider too. Just wanted to say hello to all of you loyal FXR fans - a great bike indeed - I love mine more each day. FC

Attachments

• fred in shop scan.jpg
    fred in shop scan.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 51
  • FXR intake 1.jpg
    FXR intake 1.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 55
  • img063.jpg
    img063.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 1087318.jpg
    1087318.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 37
  • P1000694.jpg
    P1000694.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 51
I bought it new in 1990 and have been riding it for almost 20 years now. Very little in the way of problems and it still runs strong with an EV13cam- Bub exhaust - Jacobs coil and Forcewinder air filter/intake. Attached are photos of one of our first trips, summer of 1990, to New Mexico and Colorado. My son rode the FXR and we rode our 1989 FLH it was the start of many great trips. The bike has always sat in the middle of my shop and is now an old friend indeed. It sat idle for a while until another old friend dropped in and decided it needed to be on the road. Lt. Col. Tom Koller (German Air Force) helped me get her going. Thats him sitting on the bike and a shot of him in his big toy the Eurofighter Typhoon. He still rides his 1992 Dyna low rider too. Just wanted to say hello to all of you loyal FXR fans - a great bike indeed - I love mine more each day. FC

Nice bike welcome to the Forum and your first post, Thanks for sharing the pics and info:s

What some don't realize about the FXR is that the frame design is very much the same design with the gusseting as the FL frames on the bigger bikes of today in a FX style. That is what the advantage of the FXR is and why it handles so well, there's little flex in the frame unlike the dynas that evolved after the FXR. From what I can gather Harley stopped making the FXR because of the cost of building the frames.

Back