free website stats program 1990 Fxr issue | Harley Davidson Forums

1990 Fxr issue

Bradlh

I have a 1990 fxrs.......this was a previous post and I'm having the exact same scenario/ problems........"installed drag bars. After removing the pins from the wiring harnesses in the headlight, I internally ran the wiring and reconnected all the wires (less pin connectors) per service manual wiring diagram. now my rear turn signals are on all the time, my horn doesn't work, and my break light doesn't work." Anybody who has an idea of what it may be,... or if the origional poster of the thread discovered the problem and fixed it, please let me know. Any other advice or help would be appreciated.

To me it sounds like you reconnected some of the wires in the wrong positions. Time to go over the work and find the problem with the schematic for the wiring in hand.

There's no magical cure for this, just locate the error in reconnection and you should be fine.

I have a factory service manual in hand, I have disconnected everything and reconnected everything a 3 or 4 times, following the wiring schematic meticulously, i think i need to buy a new connector as one of mine was dry rotted and fell to pieces so i reconnected everything without it. I am just not seeing how that one connector makes a difference as it simply connects wires with no diodes, fuses or switches in it.

Back