free website stats program 1985 Softails "RED HEADED STEP CHILD"? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1985 Softails "RED HEADED STEP CHILD"?

Hey Bender, I know exactly what you are talking about. Got a registered 86 custom softtail (not a Harley frame) and it seems like half the parts are from pre 86 and half are from after. Good luck, I had to waste a little money when I restored this thing from the grave, had a 50/50 shot at finding the right part for it.....:D

Mikeeyr I would love to know what you have on your ride, like what parts are before 86 and whats parts are after. I could learn quite a bit by you just telling me about your set up and it would save me a ton of time and probably some cash too!!!! PLEASE HELP A BRO OUT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good call on the lifter screen glider, right on man. Thank ya much. I never heard back from mikeery about what parts were what on his ride. You reckon it's ancient chinese secret? I was really hoping to pick that dude's brain about his bike. He said his ride consisted of a couple different years (parts wise) and I'd love to know what he's got goin on. Could save me a ton of time and money. Maybe I'm supposed to figure it out myself, even though I'd rather let someone tell me.

Good call on the lifter screen glider, right on man. Thank ya much. I never heard back from mikeery about what parts were what on his ride. You reckon it's ancient chinese secret? I was really hoping to pick that dude's brain about his bike. He said his ride consisted of a couple different years (parts wise) and I'd love to know what he's got goin on. Could save me a ton of time and money. Maybe I'm supposed to figure it out myself, even though I'd rather let someone tell me.

Have you tried to pm ,or E-mail him?

Ya bro new to Harleys too and guess what......I bought an 85 softail too and yes it is hard to find parts for! I have heard that they are the bastard year from a few people! I totally rebuilt mine including wiring which I could not find so it has an 87 wiring harness. mine turns over slow and won't start yet, that SUCKS!!!! Good luck with it and email me at girard2009@hotmail. com if you need any help I may be able to help. My name is Curtis

Back