free website stats program 1982 fxr 1340 | Harley Davidson Forums

1982 fxr 1340

xJamesx

Hello everyone , I ended up with a barn find 1982 1340 Fxr It's a rubber mounted shovelhead which is from what I can tell rare.
Im not asking prices I just would like to know how i can find out how many were actually made... Because I cannot find parts for the life of me.

Also I havent seen but 1 or 2 of these bikes with a $8,000 price tag and it scares me to think of part prices considering i cant find them and ive been told only parts from this year harley will work lol so what do you think?

Hello everyone , I ended up with a barn find 1982 1340 Fxr It's a rubber mounted shovelhead which is from what I can tell rare.
Im not asking prices I just would like to know how i can find out how many were actually made... Because I cannot find parts for the life of me.

Also I havent seen but 1 or 2 of these bikes with a $8,000 price tag and it scares me to think of part prices considering i cant find them and ive been told only parts from this year harley will work lol so what do you think?

James; Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your barn find. My HD Data book shows 3,065 FXR Super Glide II were made. 3,190 FXRS Super Glide II's made. The only difference I see in the book is the FXRS had a two tone tank and cast wheels, the FXR was single color and wire wheels.
Other than motor mount and drive line parts, most parts should be common to shovel heads of the era. What parts are you having trouble finding?

I bought one brand new in 82,FXR for $6850,they made three models of superglide that year FXR,FXRS and FXE the fxr and fxrs were identical except the fxrs had hiway pegs and cast wheels the fxe was not rubber mounted also some varing paint schemes between the three ,I still have the original sales flyers for that year,the 81 thru 83 models are basically the same so any parts from those years would work..Tom..man I miss that old shovel....

i believe its an amf parts shouldnt be hard to find i have an 80 flt and can still find parts easy as to value the amf"s dont bring in that much but they are nice to ride

In 1981 the company went back private ,the 82 fxr he has is not an AMF but I dont believe there were that many changes until 84..

Hey texas tom

Do you still have the flyers on the 1982 fxr..... I own one and would love to get a copy of one of the flyers!! Please let me know if that would be possible

Back