free website stats program 1979 shovel lowrider | Harley Davidson Forums

1979 shovel lowrider

Semicrazy

ok here we go. couple of weeks ago crazy old lady down the road stop by the shop an asked if i could come down an check out her scoot. ive seen the bike sittin for years but never thought much bout it. anyway new battery, new fluids, her husband had drained the gas (thank God) but had it up an running in no time. is got etching in the chrome ALL OVER an limited edition 326 out of 1000 emblem on the tank S&S carb. just wondering if any older than me scooter trash might know what would make it limited edition

The book I have doesn't show any limited edition models for '79. Where is the tank badge, in the center? It it possible that it's a 1980 Sturgis?

The book I have doesn't show any limited edition models for '79. Where is the tank badge, in the center? It it possible that it's a 1980 Sturgis?

FXDB were belt drive primary and final drive:s

Rechecking my books, I still can't find reference to "Limited Edition" 1979. There is statement "1979 FXE Super Glide, first year twin front disc brakes". Under 1980 model year, FXWG new model. Special Black paint with orange flames on tank. Blacked out engine with polished fins, extended front forks, wider triple clamps to space the forks wider, smaller front fender, 21" wheel, dual gas tanks and center console with large speedo (like the FLH model)), bobbed rear fender, stepped seat, forward controls, stash pouch, padded sissy bar, kickstarter, spoke wheels, tiny headlight. Does any of this fit?
VIN number will pinpoint exactly what year model it is (last 5 digits are not needed).

Do you suppose that may be a limited edition paint job? That looks like a pretty standard looking FXD to me. I had an 81 FXE and it didn't have the 2-piece tank or the center console/gauges. It is not a wide glide.

Back