free website stats program 1974 AMF Harley sx 175 question on battery | Harley Davidson Forums

1974 AMF Harley sx 175 question on battery

MikeP

I bought this dirt bike from a farmer in as found condition. It has no battery or tray for one but has a spot for one. Should it have one or are they only for electric start? I have never started this bike but plan to work on it tomorrow. He said it was running a year or so ago and it seems to have compression and is not locked up. Any good websites out there that Im not finding? Are these rare and valualbe or not at all? Anything helps. Thanks

I bought this dirt bike from a farmer in as found condition. It has no battery or tray for one but has a spot for one. Should it have one or are they only for electric start? I have never started this bike but plan to work on it tomorrow. He said it was running a year or so ago and it seems to have compression and is not locked up. Any good websites out there that Im not finding? Are these rare and valualbe or not at all? Anything helps. Thanks

not familar w/ these but maby it has a magneto ..value id check on ebay put in search for ones good luck''

I am not familiar with the bike also but...

If it has a place for a battery it means there must be some kind of charging system to charge this battery. If that is true, most voltage regulators rely on a "reference voltage" or battery to charge. Therefore, even if you do not use the battery to start the bike, some type of battery (even a small gel cell) would be required in order for the voltage regulator to have some kind of reference voltage.

Does the bike have a lighting system on it? If so it must have a generator/alternator w/ regulator. Some systems are self regulating. Some are not. You better study the schematics before you try it.

sure it has a battery and it is YB7L-B type battery

Tahir, Good information & Welcome to the Forum.! Just curious.... are there many HD bikes where you live? Parts availability?. I have never been to your Country.

Tahir, Good information & Welcome to the Forum.! Just curious.... are there many HD bikes where you live? Parts availability?. I have never been to your Country.

sure there are many HD's here parts avalibality is ok but for cheaper solutions we have many industrial CNC ,electronic manufacturers for excample i buy
my anykind relays from a manufacturer in turkiye
my belts from a kevlar belt cutter in turkiye
my metal parts from CNC cnc metal fabricators
best is there are many perfect metal coaters here and they are so cheap
another perfect thing is paint is so cheap here also paintbrush is cheap
and amazing one :)) we have a leather bag production unit in our company i may help about clothes and bags at very cheap prices
also if you need something i may help you how to make it better and cheaper

These bikes were built in italy by aermacchi which was bought by hd in the early 70s the bikes were then badged as hd
later amf sold aermacchi which became cagiva but still badged some bikes as hd
at one pont it was possible to buy the bikes in the uk with either badge on them same bike different paint scheme

Brian

These bikes were built in italy by aermacchi which was bought by hd in the early 70s the bikes were then badged as hd
later amf sold aermacchi which became cagiva but still badged some bikes as hd
at one pont it was possible to buy the bikes in the uk with either badge on them same bike different paint scheme

Brian

Fin it seems to me they were 2 stroke motors and had an oil injector, Right?:s

Back