free website stats program 1973 XLCH all original | Harley Davidson Forums

1973 XLCH all original

termite67

I own a 1973 sportster xlch with 5538 original miles on it. It was Dudley Perkins' (San Francisco) window bike. It was ordered with 4" over forks. I have every original nut & bolt from the bike and I am wondering what to do with it. Should I just ride it and have fun or save it as a collector? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

I got a 77 sportster XLH 28,000 miles on it, lots of new parts, paint, too many new things to list, a daily rider, dependable and I would like to sell it. Asking $5500 and im losing money at that price.

At $5500 I really don't think you are loosing anything but look on ebay at what they are going for so you don't overprice it.

I just sold my 1973 XLCH all original as it was bought on day one in 1973 for $6500.00 to a person in California that originally is from Japan. He buys these bikes for a business and wants only the old ones then he ships them over seas to Japan and gets 10 times back what he paid for them. The old Vintage bikes are selling very high in Japan as those are the ones they like there not the newer ones. Go to NADA and look up your bike. Mine was excellent condition with only 7000 original miles and listed for over $7600.00 retail.

It's a bike...ride it and have fun discussing during stops along the way. No matter what year, they all go down the road and create memories...:D

Back