free website stats program 1967 flh crankcase | Harley Davidson Forums

1967 flh crankcase

Old Shovel

1. Return oil ports on the en engine crankcase.
2. mi 1967 has not oil passages to return oil, from above. 8any chance to adapt to a 1966 cylinders?, and how)
3.the seria number its hard to read on the case, the 67 number looks like a 57, the top part looks like a 5, the botton part looks a 6, any idea why?,
4.If its a 57 model, does it have oil passages, because the cynlinder 66, have oil passages and my crankcase does not have the continuing passages drilled , so the oil looks like dead ends where the cylinder meets the case...why?

We are working on set the new pistons and we want to make sure we are not missing any step.
Thanks
george

The oil returns thru the heads and cylinders below the oil ring if I remember right, and also low pressure return thru the push rod tubes. The oil down the cylinders help cool the cylinders and light film of oil for the rings

The oil returns thru the heads and cylinders below the oil ring if I remember right, and also low pressure return thru the push rod tubes. The oil down the cylinders help cool the cylinders and light film of oil for the rings

Capital Jack is correct. Look in the cylinder near the bottom and you should see the drain hole. There is no hole in the cases.
tourbox

As far as your #'s go, it has probably been altered. I went out to my shop to look at the #'s on a 68 Fl I've been rebuilding for a friend. His has a 6 in the #'s and it looks more like an upside down P. Nothing like a 5
tourbox

As far as your #'s go, it has probably been altered. I went out to my shop to look at the #'s on a 68 Fl I've been rebuilding for a friend. His has a 6 in the #'s and it looks more like an upside down P. Nothing like a 5
tourbox

Pre 1970 sixes can have straight backs as Tourbox noted above, or curved.
An important detail is that the serial number boss on the case matches the texture of the case (not smooth).

Back