free website stats program 1964 Duo Glide Restoration (Need Info) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1964 Duo Glide Restoration (Need Info)

You have gotten some very good advice. First off buy your self some Aero kroil penetrate. It is the absolute best and is great at removeing the film from long storage. Second up in Maggee Valley, NC there is a motorcycle museum Wheels Thru Time. I would contact them and maybe arrange to take the bike up there for them to look at. They have a lot of hands on experience and love to see barn finds. Keeping it stock is great but seriously consider converting it to 12 volt for ease of starting, etc.

Fossil has gave you a good contact , I was going to ask how far you are from Maggies valley NC because I know WTT is not that far from the GA boarder ,I agree contact Dale at wheels through time ,he is one of the tops in resto,and is the man you want to consider to contact, he will gladly give you the rite direction.I dont know him personaly ,but have met him and talked with him several times over the years at various AMCA events he is very approchable.

Have this info filed, I will be heading to the valley in Oct and will make it a priority to meet Dale. I will make effort to contact before and try to set aside some time with him....

Wow, that is indeed a favor. For now you can find WTT on the internet and go to their site. They answer emails and have a tour of the musem. Their videos are listed and you can view them and watch how they get the old bikes running including a couple of pan heads.

Back