free website stats program 1963 Pan Head | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1963 Pan Head

This bike looks to be original compared to some pictures that I have seen of the bike up against information that I have looked at, maybe with the exception of some apes and different seat.

Johnny looks like Sprinkman gave you some sobering info on a complete restore. You really haven't said what you want to do with the bike. If your going to restore it with the hope of selling it for big bucks, it's got to be done right with the right #s and parts. If your going to sell the parts, check ebay and see what the parts ae going for. If your looking for a classic to ride and pass on to your son, you will need a good mechanic or you will need to be a good mechanic to keep it in good running order. If your looking for a winter project and the price is within your budget this might be the bike for you. Two months ago a friend of mine paid $3,600 for a rebuilt pan motor. he knew the engine builder and the builder even helped him but it in the frame and aligned the trans. I would never try to tell someone to buy or not when it comes to something like a vintage ride.

I have some pic's of the rebuild of my friends bike when it is finished I will try to post if I can figure it out. Jonny if you would like the pic's I have now pm me your e-mail address and I wil lsend.

Here are some pics of the pan head that i went to go look at.

Attachments

• 63 FL Pan Head 029.jpg
    63 FL Pan Head 029.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 63 FL Pan Head 021.jpg
    63 FL Pan Head 021.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 63 FL Pan Head 028.jpg
    63 FL Pan Head 028.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 63 FL Pan Head 019.jpg
    63 FL Pan Head 019.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 63 FL Pan Head 027.jpg
    63 FL Pan Head 027.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 81
From what I see look like a OK bike but very very far from stock, so what do you want a classic or a bike to ride?? Your choice of course but remember this, if someone went to alot of trouble to do this, chrome rear swing arm, open Primary, and then sell it why??? and yes like what was said earlier what does the numbers look like??

I would have to agree with you in part. I did ask the questions to that effect, the answer I got was he wanted to just upgrade. As far as the othr modifications, I have been checking around and it seems that it was common for the open primary. The upgrades that were done were well picked out. That is my problem at this point, I do not know what I want this bike for. Do I want it to restore, or do I want it as it is and clean it up? There is one part of this bike that I need to investigate further though.

After seeing the pictures it looks like a lot of thought went into this bike. I have 2 questions, 1. How much is he asking for it? 2. How did it sound when it was cranked up?

HMMM, it would probably ride OK, but it has been lets say modified instead of butchered IMO, how much and does it start in 2-3 kicks?

Here is a photo of a buddies pan head.. 60 i believe but the motor is a 59, he says the only thing not stock is the front disk because he wanted it to stop when he wanted to.

Attachments

• DSC04256 - Copy.jpg
    DSC04256 - Copy.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 101
Here is a photo of a buddies pan head.. 60 i believe but the motor is a 59, he says the only thing not stock is the front disk because he wanted it to stop when he wanted to.

Very nicely done brings back memories:s

Back