free website stats program 1905 Harley-Davidson "Spectacle" (2003) | Harley Davidson Forums

1905 Harley-Davidson "Spectacle" (2003)

Randall K. Wilson

I am reading a book entitled: "THE HARLEY DAVIDSON READER". Published 2006, it is a collection of 11 essays/memoirs by different authors, enhanced with many great images.
In one essay it mentions that a gent named Bruce Linsday rode his 1905 Harley-Davidson to the 100th Anniversay wing ding in Milwaukee, all the way from Ohio. A TOTAL OF 362 1/2 MILES!
The book mentions that on August 27, 2003, a small group of antique Harleys (with Mr. Linsday leading the pack), rode up to the red brick H-D Factory on Juneau Ave. The book refers to his machine as being the oldest running H-D on the road.
Apparently Mr. Linsday hung out at the factory that day and the next, on occasion riding his machine around the facility for folks to see. Also while in town he rode his machine to the gravesite of William S. Harley.
Golly I would love to have been there to experience this event...it was truly a "spectacle" for those who lived that piece of Harley-Davidson history.
I was wondering if any of you folks on this forum were there that day, or had you heard of this taking place in 2003? Please respond.

From a website on Antique Motorcycles...this is the machine that Bruce Linsday rode from Ohio to Milwaukee In August of 2003.
1905H-DBruceL.jpg

Back