free website stats program 19" or 21" up front | Harley Davidson Forums

19" or 21" up front

craig Lee

I have a '08 SG with 22,000+ miles. Thinking of a HogPro Torque 7 19" or 21" up front.

Was wondering if I really need to change my 16 rear or can I keep it with the Dunlop and use a Metzeler or Avon in the front? Been real happy with the 16's and Dunlops but would like more bling up front.

With the 19 or 21, I am sure to lose some agility. Any thoughts of someone who has switched from the 16 to the 21 especially?

a friend just put a 21 on front of an 09 street glide and he says it handles better. with the narrower tire on front he said it was quicker to respond to a lean.

I have a '08 SG with 22,000+ miles. Thinking of a HogPro Torque 7 19" or 21" up front.

Was wondering if I really need to change my 16 rear or can I keep it with the Dunlop and use a Metzeler or Avon in the front? Been real happy with the 16's and Dunlops but would like more bling up front.

With the 19 or 21, I am sure to lose some agility. Any thoughts of someone who has switched from the 16 to the 21 especially?

do you have ABS? if so no go as the Different tire sizes will throw it off

other wise you can keep the 16 in the rear lots i have seen do but i wouldn't go with 2 different makes of tire

What about PM making wheels in 19" & 21" for ABS Bikes ?

I have read an article in Hot Bikes Magazine concerning New PM Products & they now have wheels & calipers that works for ABS Bikes !

I have an '09 Street Glide & If I was going to go for a 19" or a 21" I would go for PM Front Wheel,

Problem is that not all Wheels Manufacturers offers wheels for ABS Bikes !

Oh yea, I do have ABS. Forgot to mention that. I did see the PM Article. Thanks. HogPro is local hear in Southern Cal and I did mention ABS to them in which they said it was not an issue with the bearings over the past couple years. We''re stopping by today instead of just a phone call. Anyone done a 19 or 21 with ABS?

I just put a couple of Dunlops on mine after investigating and hearing from several tire dealers that the Dunlop will give you the best overall performance, cost and mileage wise.

just passin on what I was told....

I just put a couple of Dunlops on mine after investigating and hearing from several tire dealers that the Dunlop will give you the best overall performance, cost and mileage wise.

just passin on what I was told....

I agree. Got 15,000 on my 1st set of 16" Dunlops and got 7,000 currently on my 2nd and they still look very strong. Need to check for Dunlops for the 19" or 21". All the guys we know run Avon or Meztler.

I have an 09 Glide and went with the 21 up front and a 18 in the rear along with the matching rotors and pulley, I do not have abs but do want you to keep in mind (unlike I did) before you spend a lot of money on the rear make sure you don't want to add anything like extended bags, that will just cover up most of that nice new custom rim. Just something to keep in mind (wish I would of). And yes it does handle great.

Back