free website stats program 180 wide tire for 07 streetbob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

180 wide tire for 07 streetbob

68615_04_M_19ab8.jpg

hd_spacer_e204.gif

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

Same as the one I put on my RK

16.jpg

The purpose of the wide tire kit is to secure the signal wiring tight against the fender and to do away with the hex-head bolts which are used to mount the rear signals.

If your bike is not lowered, you should be able to use the wide tire without going to the expense of the kit. Just make sure your wiring is secured as tightly as possible against the inner surfaces of the fender. Also make sure your wheel/tire is centered in the fender and swingarm. If centered, the hex head bolts should not be an issue.

I've lowered my Super Glide by about 1.5". I had a terrible time with the signal wires when I had the 160 tire. There was no way I could have used the 180 without the kit with the signals in their stock location.

To resolve my issues, I relocated my signals.

Picture005.jpg

Hey JM-
What size is your rear rim? What size tire are you running? Is it a 180/55/17? Is your rim a 17 x 4.25?

Hey JM-
What size is your rear rim? What size tire are you running? Is it a 180/55/17? Is your rim a 17 x 4.25?

My rear rim is the OEM spoked from an 07 Street Bob. It is 17" x 4.5".

The rear tire is the Dunlop Screamin Eagle GT502 180/60B17.

Where's pics of your installed sheet metal? Stop slackin' and get em posted!

My rear rim is the OEM spoked from an 07 Street Bob. It is 17" x 4.5".

The rear tire is the Dunlop Screamin Eagle GT502 180/60B17.

Where's pics of your installed sheet metal? Stop slackin' and get em posted!

Thanks JM. I wish the tins not being on was from me being a slacker. There was an issue with the paint sticking to the primer and it was all flaking off. They are being repainted now and hopefully will be done next Monday. It is killing me not to be able to ride since it is all apart. Thanks for the info on the tire.

Thanks JM. I wish the tins not being on was from me being a slacker. There was an issue with the paint sticking to the primer and it was all flaking off. They are being repainted now and hopefully will be done next Monday. It is killing me not to be able to ride since it is all apart. Thanks for the info on the tire.

Did you receive the sheet metal to find the paint problem, or did the painter discover the problem before he sent them to you?

I hope it was the later.

Man, I am so sorry

Its all good. Just my luck. I have a local guy painting them now with a bit more of a custom design, in fact I have no idea what he is doing except that it is the color I wanted and it includes flames. Should be done tomorrow or Monday.

Its all good. Just my luck. I have a local guy painting them now with a bit more of a custom design, in fact I have no idea what he is doing except that it is the color I wanted and it includes flames. Should be done tomorrow or Monday.

Did Ray Brakebill make it right with you, such as full refund?

Back