free website stats program 180 wide tire for 07 streetbob | Harley Davidson Forums

180 wide tire for 07 streetbob

OK, I hope someone can help me with this. I went to the dealer and purchased a 180 screaming eagle tire. I ask the parts attendent for the wide tire kit and he tells me I don't need it. So I bought the tire. I called a couple other dealers and the all said I need the kit to put the tire on. Has anyone put this 180 tire on without the kit?

I'm doing the same thing to my 06 and have been told in another post I could do it without the kit (The kit actually comes with the tire, so you would have a 2nd tire). The tire is the majority of the cost. Attached is the instructions that tell you what comes with the kit, if that helps. Let me know how it turns out. I'll be doing mine later in the summer when the tire needs replaced.

My Wide Tire Post

Attachments

• WideTireKitInstall.pdf
    496.4 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
The purpose of the wide tire kit is to secure the signal wiring tight against the fender and to do away with the hex-head bolts which are used to mount the rear signals.

If your bike is not lowered, you should be able to use the wide tire without going to the expense of the kit. Just make sure your wiring is secured as tightly as possible against the inner surfaces of the fender. Also make sure your wheel/tire is centered in the fender and swingarm. If centered, the hex head bolts should not be an issue.

I've lowered my Super Glide by about 1.5". I had a terrible time with the signal wires when I had the 160 tire. There was no way I could have used the 180 without the kit with the signals in their stock location.

To resolve my issues, I relocated my signals.

Picture005.jpg

The purpose of the wide tire kit is to secure the signal wiring tight against the fender and to do away with the hex-head bolts which are used to mount the rear signals.

If your bike is not lowered, you should be able to use the wide tire without going to the expense of the kit. Just make sure your wiring is secured as tightly as possible against the inner surfaces of the fender. Also make sure your wheel/tire is centered in the fender and swingarm. If centered, the hex head bolts should not be an issue.

I've lowered my Super Glide by about 1.5". I had a terrible time with the signal wires when I had the 160 tire. There was no way I could have used the 180 without the kit with the signals in their stock location.

To resolve my issues, I relocated my signals.

Picture005.jpg

I did a SE180 on my Wide Glide without the kit... As stated above. If you have not lowered the bike you won't need the kit.

OK, JMPANCOAST where did you get the light bar on the back of your bike? It looks awsome and I have been looking for one like it for awhile now.

Back