free website stats program 15yr girl 4'11" riding a ultra classic | Harley Davidson Forums

15yr girl 4'11" riding a ultra classic

That is the deal...if you want to ride confidently "and PILOT...like a pro..." you need to practice perhaps 1-2 hour sessions, over a few weeks, using the friction zone, gentle throttle and rear braking with a smile on your face, eyes up and looking into the turns and before you know it, the instinctive portion of your riding skills will increase ten fold, maybe more. :newsmile01:

Means more time for concentrating on the road and hazards that come up like "other cagers and looky loo(n)s"...rocks, falling debris and other things that come up in our day to day driving. :newsmile091:

Practice makes permanent memory skills very good job by such a young person, maybe she should join the forum:s

Cool video! A lot of middle aged riders (first timers on midle aged crisis bikes) could learn from this. Look where you WANT to go is key. I've followed a lot of "scared of corners" guys. Given them that road side tip, and then couldn't keep up with them... fun stuff

Most 15 yr olds haven't crashed and therefore don't remember how bad it hunts.
As you get older it takes longer to heal and hurts worst, so we are more likely to ride a bit slower and not take turns as tight.
So I have been told by older riders than me. And I'm 64.

Got the Ride Like a Pro videos a couple of years ago. What a difference in my riding. Like Jerry says in the video I was just repeating the same mistakes I'd been making for 40 years. Using the skills I learned I am much more confident and handle the bike better. That was the best investment I have made to date. Next will be a RLAP training course.

I resisted watching the video when I saw the thread title because I knew I'd be totally humbled.

Geesh...she can hardly reach the handlebars and the brake pedal and she still rides ten times better than me!

Time to get out and practice.
:(

Back