15yr girl 4'11" riding a ultra classic

Discussion in 'Videos' started by rsbourff, Jan 22, 2011.

1. rsbourff

rsbourff Member

i saw a video on youtube.com where a 15yr girl 4'11" was demostrating how to ride a ultra classic. tried to post video but dont know how, was hoping someone could put it one this site. its YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and then type in( ride like a pro victoria)

made a mistake on my earlier post, it should say electra glide instead of ultra classic.

Thanks dbmg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
  2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

That is the deal...if you want to ride confidently "and PILOT...like a pro..." you need to practice perhaps 1-2 hour sessions, over a few weeks, using the friction zone, gentle throttle and rear braking with a smile on your face, eyes up and looking into the turns and before you know it, the instinctive portion of your riding skills will increase ten fold, maybe more. :newsmile01:

Means more time for concentrating on the road and hazards that come up like "other cagers and looky loo(n)s"...rocks, falling debris and other things that come up in our day to day driving. :newsmile091:

4. Animal

Animal Active Member

The girl's a natural, she sure makes it look easy.

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Practice makes permanent memory skills very good job by such a young person, maybe she should join the forum:s

6. Mad Dog Jim

Mad Dog Jim Banned

Cool video! A lot of middle aged riders (first timers on midle aged crisis bikes) could learn from this. Look where you WANT to go is key. I've followed a lot of "scared of corners" guys. Given them that road side tip, and then couldn't keep up with them... fun stuff

7. skywarrior

skywarrior Banned

Most 15 yr olds haven't crashed and therefore don't remember how bad it hunts.
    As you get older it takes longer to heal and hurts worst, so we are more likely to ride a bit slower and not take turns as tight.
    So I have been told by older riders than me. And I'm 64.

8. rhino

rhino Banned

Im impressed.

9. Mainah

Mainah Junior Member

Got the Ride Like a Pro videos a couple of years ago. What a difference in my riding. Like Jerry says in the video I was just repeating the same mistakes I'd been making for 40 years. Using the skills I learned I am much more confident and handle the bike better. That was the best investment I have made to date. Next will be a RLAP training course.

10. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I resisted watching the video when I saw the thread title because I knew I'd be totally humbled.

Geesh...she can hardly reach the handlebars and the brake pedal and she still rides ten times better than me!

Time to get out and practice.
    :(