free website stats program 15% ethanol | Harley Davidson Forums

15% ethanol

Cuzz

Has anyone seen 15% ethanol yet? How can we best deal with it if and when its widely available? Any ideas as to whether its more of an issue for older (2005 -2008) vs. newer and carb vs. FI? Lots of questions I know.

Has anyone seen 15% ethanol yet? How can we best deal with it if and when its widely available? Any ideas as to whether its more of an issue for older (2005 -2008) vs. newer and carb vs. FI? Lots of questions I know.

More alcohol is coming you can almost bet on that, Older carbs will suffer more, the rubber and plastic parts take alot of abuse from the corrosive actions of the alcohol. IMO adding some MMO oil or Seafoam any thing with out MORE alcohol to the tank will be a big help:s

I am fortunate enough to have several places I can buy ethanol free gas in my area.
There are so many rumors and urban myths and opinions on what ethanol does to an engine that I have no idea what to think about it except that I will never use it in any of my vehicles.

Out of curiosity: does it mess up car engines as well? And if so, how is it being permitted???:30:

Newer cars adapt very good to the ethanol, older ones not so good. I have replaced TOO many pumps, injectors, regulators intake gaskets you name it the Alcohol had destroyed the parts This is not just a guess or Urban legend I have turned wrenches to long to not know how this is a bad thing for the internal combustion engine unless it is set up for alcohol and not a combination of the two

Ceaderbrook63: How can it be? Ask our bribed politicians (here they call them "political contributions", by lobbyist) that's how....both parties...

Back