free website stats program 140HP 2007 dyna wide glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

140HP 2007 dyna wide glide

What's my reply say? It said as long as you check true everything is good. He did not mention that, he made it sound as if the crank was fragile and that is not true.

What's my reply say? It said as long as you check true everything is good. He did not mention that, he made it sound as if the crank was fragile and that is not true.
"It said as long as you check true everything is good."

Definitely NOT so!

I see what your reply says,
Fisher doesn't know what he's talking about, the cranks in Twin cams are very strong,if your going after huge HP just make sure they are trued.
Truing the cranks is only part of the equation and you mention nothing about welding after truing to prevent twisting of the cranks that has been showing up even on stock engines as well as stage 1 engines with stock components (cams/heads/pistons etc)
The strength of the 96 crank as compared to past years is what is the weak part here being only pressed together and large builds require at least welding the crank AFTER truing it if you expect a decent service life out of it.

OK, Hobbit and Glider, both true,If you've got the cases apart to go after big power it would be stupid not to go with Timkin bearings on the left side case for the crank and also check true and weld the pin of the crank.I guess I was nit picking because it sounded to me like he suggested that the crank was of weak material.Also I was driven to keep responding because it almost sounded, although I know it is not true like you guys thought Harleys were crap and not worthy of hopping up, like why are you riding them anyway, but I know that was a wrong impression.

I guess I was nit picking because it sounded to me like he suggested that the crank was of weak material.

Material is questionable, design itself is very poor especially when doing any performance work. It's not keyed pinned or splined but instead only press fitted. If measures aren't taken to prevent the twisting of the crank after doing performance work, it's a given that the engine will probably have to come apart again for crank run out issues.

ok i took you guys advice and started looking for some aftermarket parts which just opened up a whole new realm of questions.I looked at some S&S packages (the 116" supersidewinder hot setup, the 124" hot setup) and some motors from the king of cubes. I am still not sure which way to go, I have roughly $7,000- $8,000 dollars to spend on parts. Has anyone used the S&S setups on here? What power did you get? Was it reliable? How much power will the stock cases handle safely with a better crank (S&S 4-5/8")? Should I get a package with the S&S heads or have my stock ones worked on? If so by who? If this was your money how would you spend it? Please dont say new bike or whole motor. I have a 96" twin cam with 5,000 miles on it that runs fine it just needs some more power.

so will my stock cases handle the power of the 124" hot setup? How much power should this kit make? I know it depends on pipes and other stuff i am just lookin for a close number.

S&S does not manufacture cases for 07-up. Harley manufacturing copyright infringement.
A custom built 124" with all the proper components, and mapped correctly, will hit your target power number, along with one thing I believe your missing. Huge torque.
An S&S 124" SSW set-up will not. The heads are not up to speed to deliver that level of power, and other cams come to my mind as well.
G2 Racing also offers a 126" that will rip, but it is more than you have said you want to spend.

i agree, i like the 117 motor, revs quick and not as abusive on the long haul. have you ever ridden 140 hp harley? the bike wont be able to take the motors abuse. most guys are scared of a REAL 100 hp.

there is a guy in new york that builds some really strong motors.

Back