13 Heritage which tuner??

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Rafaelw, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Rafaelw

Rafaelw Member

Hello everyone, i am new to this site, have been reading alot on here and there is alot of knowledgeable people and great info. I am new to HD bikes, started out with a Honda 1100 six years ago. Last year my fiance and i purchased a brand new 13 Heritage. Upon buying the bike we had RUSH slip-ons installed and that is it. I am am going to have the SE Stage 1 high flow air cleaner installed this spring and heard i should go with the PC5 or P-Vision, for the fact that i will be doing header pipes and 255 cams probably next year. i dont think i will ever do above the stage 2 upgrades. at the moment all i really am looking for is my engine running a little cooler and getting the bike to run a little better than stock. Is the PC5 or P-Vision good for future upgrades? Is it ok to leave the stock headers on , with just the slip on mufflers like i have now? My bike is still under warranty, will either of these units return my bike to stock setting if warrant work is needed, and also will i still have to have my bike dynoed after installing a tuner? Thanks for any help, and hello from Wisconsin.

2. Hobbit

Hobbit Active Member

heard good things about the power vision , but I'm a SE tuner type guy as i like it and its features so for me it the HD one every time (plus i don't have to learn new stuff as been using it since 2008 LOL)

personally if your just running mufflers i wouldn't bother changing the intake until you fully decide if your doing the cams and full exhaust swap, in which case the PCV or power vision will be fine

3. hillbilly81

hillbilly81 Active Member

I have run power commanders and vance hines fuel packs but the sert tuner with a dyno tune is the best smoothest running combo I have ever run

4. Steve Cole

Steve Cole Member

If your into extra stuff bolted onto the bike then and add-on device (powercomander, dolbeck, ect) will do for your mufflers. Once you go to an intake and cam those really should not be used. I use the Mastertune as it allows for a better overall tune but you will get many answers as to what each person likes. You should use a unit that allows you to reprogram the ECM so there are no extra added parts and its going to run better than any add-on type device will ever work.

5. Bgdv1

Bgdv1 Member

Im running the SEPST in my SG and my wifes Fatbo Lo. I really am happy with the "pro" series of SE tuners. They have the auto tune ability and with the software and a lap top you have the ability to go in and tweek your tune.

6. Rafaelw

Rafaelw Member

Thanks so far for all the info, there seems to be so many opinions/options as to what i could use or do. If i went with anything other than the SE tuners, would i still need to have the bike dynoed?

7. hillbilly81

I never dynod mine with either the fuel pack or the power commander but they sure did not run as good as the dynotune with the sert ...got a little popping and some starter kickback from both of those other fuelers

8. Rafaelw

Rafaelw Member

Hillbilly81, talked to a few people here in my area, that went with sert and dyno at HD sevice, they say their bikes still run hot?? that is something i am trying to get away from. what do you think?

9. hillbilly81

getting a full exhaust system along with the tuner and tune will reduce a lot of heat

10. Rafaelw

Rafaelw Member

Ok that makes sense , as of right now i just have slip-ons, with stock head pipes, was thinking i could do the full system and cams next year.?