free website stats program 13 Heritage which tuner?? | Harley Davidson Forums

13 Heritage which tuner??

Rafaelw

Hello everyone, i am new to this site, have been reading alot on here and there is alot of knowledgeable people and great info. I am new to HD bikes, started out with a Honda 1100 six years ago. Last year my fiance and i purchased a brand new 13 Heritage. Upon buying the bike we had RUSH slip-ons installed and that is it. I am am going to have the SE Stage 1 high flow air cleaner installed this spring and heard i should go with the PC5 or P-Vision, for the fact that i will be doing header pipes and 255 cams probably next year. i dont think i will ever do above the stage 2 upgrades. at the moment all i really am looking for is my engine running a little cooler and getting the bike to run a little better than stock. Is the PC5 or P-Vision good for future upgrades? Is it ok to leave the stock headers on , with just the slip on mufflers like i have now? My bike is still under warranty, will either of these units return my bike to stock setting if warrant work is needed, and also will i still have to have my bike dynoed after installing a tuner? Thanks for any help, and hello from Wisconsin.

heard good things about the power vision , but I'm a SE tuner type guy as i like it and its features so for me it the HD one every time (plus i don't have to learn new stuff as been using it since 2008 LOL)

personally if your just running mufflers i wouldn't bother changing the intake until you fully decide if your doing the cams and full exhaust swap, in which case the PCV or power vision will be fine

I have run power commanders and vance hines fuel packs but the sert tuner with a dyno tune is the best smoothest running combo I have ever run

If your into extra stuff bolted onto the bike then and add-on device (powercomander, dolbeck, ect) will do for your mufflers. Once you go to an intake and cam those really should not be used. I use the Mastertune as it allows for a better overall tune but you will get many answers as to what each person likes. You should use a unit that allows you to reprogram the ECM so there are no extra added parts and its going to run better than any add-on type device will ever work.

Im running the SEPST in my SG and my wifes Fatbo Lo. I really am happy with the "pro" series of SE tuners. They have the auto tune ability and with the software and a lap top you have the ability to go in and tweek your tune.

Thanks so far for all the info, there seems to be so many opinions/options as to what i could use or do. If i went with anything other than the SE tuners, would i still need to have the bike dynoed?

I never dynod mine with either the fuel pack or the power commander but they sure did not run as good as the dynotune with the sert ...got a little popping and some starter kickback from both of those other fuelers

I never dynod mine with either the fuel pack or the power commander but they sure did not run as good as the dynotune with the sert ...got a little popping and some starter kickback from both of those other fuelers

Hillbilly81, talked to a few people here in my area, that went with sert and dyno at HD sevice, they say their bikes still run hot?? that is something i am trying to get away from. what do you think?

Ok that makes sense , as of right now i just have slip-ons, with stock head pipes, was thinking i could do the full system and cams next year.?

Back