free website stats program 12V Power Supply | Harley Davidson Forums

12V Power Supply

billyg

Besides the cigarette lighter...Is there a spot somewhere in the fairing to hard-wire a converter for 12vdc to 5vdc? Im thinking I read there was a 'hot' inside the headlight.

I bought a sat radio kit with short antenna and it has this converter. Im considering hooking up 2 of them....the other for my GPS. Plans would be to include an inline fuse.

Appreciate the info....

Billy G

Besides the cigarette lighter...Is there a spot somewhere in the fairing to hard-wire a converter for 12vdc to 5vdc? Im thinking I read there was a 'hot' inside the headlight.

I bought a sat radio kit with short antenna and it has this converter. Im considering hooking up 2 of them....the other for my GPS. Plans would be to include an inline fuse.

Appreciate the info....

Billy G

Have you got a schematic for your bike? Might show what the "extra" wire go to from the supply side. I know my UC has a few "extra" wires up inside the fairing that are not attached, but I don't know where they come from or when they are hot without checking.

TQ

Wire it to the unused acc. toggle,take off your outer fairing and look down by the switch console,you will see the duetch connector,I believe it is pin#10,but dont take my word for it,go to manual downloads in the forum and download the schematic.Buy an end for the wire for the duetch,unlock it ,slide it in,re-lock and you are done.

Back