1200xlc custom tach

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by rzehfus, Dec 22, 2010.

1. rzehfus

rzehfus Member

still trying to find a hd tach to fix my 06 custom nothing in catalog

matches for the custom

2. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

Google 67522-04B, Latus HD say's it fits 06 XL custom

3. rzehfus

rzehfus Member

talked to parts at latus there is no combination for putting a tach on a 1200xlc 06.
    they show 1 4" tach in catalog but according to the factory there is no mounting
    gauge and the small tach in catalog is not usable with this model bike Since xlc is
    now history dont think will ever have one. Got same answer from 3 bike shops across
    us. thanks again anyhow

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Motorcycle Products have a look here

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

I have an Auto Meter Pro Cycle Speedometer...glows with blue dial numerals, bright red sweep needle and pink/red odometer makes for a nice display at night. During the day, white face with black numbers and "analog" sweep needle is really easy to see in bright daylight. :p

Auto Meter Pro-Cycle

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Go to Dennis Kirk & search for your make/year bike. Just got 2011 catalog & there's quite a few listed...I'm sure something will work on 06 Sporty...Good Luck!

7. rzehfus

rzehfus Member

question about tachometer

8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

The tachometer wiring is listed in the service manual schematic...but the new tach you choose will have the wiring installation and maintenance info...! Do you have a service manual...one of the subsequent schematics shows the tachometer wired option...and plug into the wiring harness. :yes