free website stats program 1200c seat | Harley Davidson Forums

1200c seat

Aloha,
got a 07 1200C, but I got a new 883 tank for FI models. I heard I need to change the seat too. anyone know more about this? can I run a gunslinger from corbin? or any suggestions

I'm not sure but I think if you have the 4gal tank on your 07 and the 883 tank is 4gal then there probably shouldn't be any need to change seats. If one or the other is the 3.3 "peanut" tank then you will definitely have an issue. The FI/carb thing isn't going to matter.

The 883 4.2 gal setup requires a new seat for 883/1200 because of the docking hook placement for the seat, and the hold down will index to mounting hole further back on the fender of your 1200...which is the mod on my Sporty...works great! :bigsmiley11:

XL1200R_Mods.jpg

I'm not sure but I think if you have the 4gal tank on your 07 and the 883 tank is 4gal then there probably shouldn't be any need to change seats. If one or the other is the 3.3 "peanut" tank then you will definitely have an issue. The FI/carb thing isn't going to matter.

I got a 3.3 gal tank. Fi makes a diff because theres no pet cock. so I guess do I need to change the seat if I cange the tank to a 3.3 gallon tank is the question

In that case, if your existing fuel tank is 3.3 gal "Peanut tank" is the same sized replacement, there should be no fitment problem. The fuel tank after 2007 was when fuel injection was introduced, added intank electric fuel pump/strainer, and yes, no fuel petcock, with fittings and electrical connections accordingly. Should be compatible with your new bike, and seat uses same under tank horn, so nothing changed...for essentially the same configuration.

thanks, but i am going from the 4 gal to the 3.3 gal. I hope I dont need a seat

tank switch made. Seat is fine going to a smaller tank, its the speedo that had to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal, hope you found a speedometer that could work. Take a look at some of the tank consoles that have speedo built-in...check out the sportster photo section and the Search tab using tank console or similar..."Riddle" me THAT when you get pix.

Back