free website stats program 1200 heads | Harley Davidson Forums

1200 heads

sportyhorse

Account Removed
All,

Is there anyone out there that knows where I can get 1200cc heads for a 06 sportster? I'm looking for something most economical, for I plan on having them port n polished.

All,

Is there anyone out there that knows where I can get 1200cc heads for a 06 sportster? I'm looking for something most economical, for I plan on having them port n polished.

If you POST under "BUY,SELL AND TRADE" you might get a response form a member here....

BENT BIKE might have a bent sport laying around... don't know about price...

would save a bundle if you take off your old ones and get the job done...

Be SURE about the shop you use to do the PORT N FLOW.... as a butcher shop can HOG OUT n RUIN things.....

IMO, intake gives better turbo lation when rough.... I polish on exhausts only for the best flow job...

HD scrm'n eagles are good.... They came fro HD on my 06 1200 R sport

BRANCH HEADS out of calif. do a fantastic job on heads and also do exchange for your old ones when you get his new ones on. but $$$$

I had a good job done BOB GAGE up in snowhomish wa. A lot of HD shops use him for the PORT N FLOW

signed....BUBBIE

I know of a guy locally that a hd shop uses on their race bike, he can port n polish heads and is highly reccomended. Only $550! Question, eould it be worth while to have my 883 heads pnp? Or should I try 4 1200 heads.

I am running 1200 jugs, domed pistons, 551 cam, with 883 heads, stage 1 carb.

WHAT bike engine is being used?
a 1200 or 883 to start with?..

I did a 883 to 1200 using wiseco 10.5/1 pistons keeping my 883 stock heads and no caming at all ..

Just carb mods using old style 1200 needle, smoothing carb slide edge, jetting proper for SE slipons and SE air.....

A real beast/883 1995 year of sportster

ALSO what are you looking for in changing to 1200 heads?
just to go 1200 heads or???

You can machine the 883 heads out to 1200 but 883 were great for the LOW END TORQUE for me.
I don't understand the cams on a sport so I'm no help there

You can also increase the size of the valves in 883 heads with porting should make a difference also

I'm just curious and may be of little help....

signed....BUBBIE

you can look under my name(click on) "BUBBIE" and find post and threads that pertain to sportster ,,,, may interest you...

Originally was a 883 motor, did same mods a you just added the bigger cam for more lift. I am looking to do this for one reason. At higher rpm the motor has a drastci reduction in power. 75mph in 5th, i open it up and the engine screams but doesn't jump like it does at lower rpm/speeds. The bike is a beast at lower speeds, the torque is highly noticable. First time i rode it after the mods, I got the front end off the ground. I'm just looking to fix the higher speed issues.

Originally was a 883 motor, did same mods a you just added the bigger cam for more lift. I am looking to do this for one reason. At higher rpm the motor has a drastci reduction in power. 75mph in 5th, i open it up and the engine screams but doesn't jump like it does at lower rpm/speeds. The bike is a beast at lower speeds, the torque is highly noticable. First time i rode it after the mods, I got the front end off the ground. I'm just looking to fix the higher speed issues.

MY THOUGHT was the year of engine.. PRE 04? ;(ones w/trap door access) for the TRANNY
I always wanted to put in a 6 speed WITH the proper 1200 gearing pulleys up (like HOBBIT says) on my 05 883 to 1200...

ONE of my BEST post tells of JERRY BRANCH of BRANCH HEADS telling me on my 1200 conversion " break it in ,,then go find a pole and climb it"...... (one of my past stories posted under 883/1200 conversions) like yours HOT n TORQUE BUT all over at about 80 mph..... (too low gear ratio)

thinking about gear ratio.. HOBBIT is right on the mark here.

FUN TO REMEMBER THAT 883/1200 conversion,,, what a ride...

signed....BUBBIE

Awesome!!!

Hey guys thanks for all your help! I have a buddy of mine that changed his sproket. I'll be on the lookout for heads though. Still love riding it no matter what!!

My 2006 sporty is a BEAST!

I've also had time to check out some treads and some have given me links. Much appreciated. I'll let you know what I do when I do it.

:newsmile03:

Back