free website stats program 113 Ultima adj. Push-rod problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

113 Ultima adj. Push-rod problem

The problem isn't solved by changing pushrods ( which is expensive) If you take the inner push rod tube and take an 1/8 in. off the bottom and then re-install the movement will stop. the adjuster on the pushrod its self is hitting the bottom of tube due to came lift.

Actually not a zombie thread. Im still here and I welcome any ideas. Believe it or not. Im still have that tapping noise and Ill be looking into it again tomorrow.

This is a zombie thread; OP was from 12/10.:s

Actually not a zombie thread. Im still here and I welcome any ideas. Believe it or not. Im still have that tapping noise and Ill be looking into it again tomorrow.

You haven't changed pushrods yet?:bigsmiley21:

Oh yes I did. 1st with HD's changed the pushrods and 2nd time the lifters and blocks to Jims. Changed again to Velva Lifters and lifter blocks and their pushrods. So now Im going in again. But will be doing a few other checks while Im in there by advice of Jack Klarich. This way, if something goes wrong again. I know where Jack lives. lol

You haven't changed pushrods yet?:bigsmiley21:

Still working on the trike. However the front exhaust pushrod cover was making contact with the adjuster nut! I cut the metal fatigued area off 5/32nd and deburred the end. Just now putting the assembly back together.
Updates to come.
zoood/RJ

The problem isn't solved by changing pushrods ( which is expensive) If you take the inner push rod tube and take an 1/8 in. off the bottom and then re-install the movement will stop. the adjuster on the pushrod its self is hitting the bottom of tube due to came lift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back