1125R to CR?

Discussion in 'Buell' started by whybuyhd, Jul 1, 2009.

1. whybuyhd

whybuyhd Account Removed

I noticed the dealers are selling the '08 1125R for $7995. While I don't hate it, I really like the 1125CR. How hard would it be to convert the R to the CR with a new gauge cluster/headlight assembly? I want the optional handlebars for the CR anyway, so I would have to buy them either way. Is it cost-effective to consider doing this, or does anyone think the left-over CRs will be discounted this fall to $9995 like the Rs were last year? I'm just looking for thoughts on this, and I may wait to see what prices do in a couple months.

2. whybuyhd

whybuyhd Account Removed

I have been watching auction sites for parts. However, the parts I would need would be the most likely damaged in a serious crash. I also like the XB12Scg, since I am on the balls of my feet at a stop with the 1125's. I just don't know if I want a model that is probably due for an update any year now. After all, the XB's have changed very little in seven model years.

3. rancid

rancid Active Member

all the parts should bolt on but it still wont ride the same as the cr, the r has taller gearing and a different calibration, with the cal u will need to use something like ecm spy cos DT2 wont let you put the cr cal in an r.

4. Baggh

Baggh Active Member

rancid is spot on... I just bought a '09 1125CR this past Saturday... I was on the fence between the R or CR... I decided on the CR for many reasons. As rancid says the CR has more kick in the low range than the R which sacrifices top speed.... so in the 1/8 mile the CR would take it but beyond 1/4 the R may overtake the CR. Given we spend most of our riding time (emphasis on most :) within the speed limits the high end of the R is rarely used... so I went CR... the prices at my dealer here in dallas was $9,995.