110 SE Stock Exhaust on 96 Motor?

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by Rampage-11, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Rampage-11

Rampage-11 Member

If you were to put the exhaust of a 110 SE motor on a stock 96 in. engine, would this be bad? If so, how and what would it do? I just got what I think is the stock exhaust off of a 110 SE 09 Springer softail. I have a 2007 FXST, It looks like the exhaust will fit my bike but the rear header has a little bit different path and the stock slip ons are cosmetically different as well.

I guess I have two questions, does the path of the rear header matter if its a little different?

and...

Do stock 110 cu. in. Slip ons differ a lot from stock 96 cu. in. slip ons???

Thanks,

Rampage-11

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. Rampage-11

Rampage-11 Member

So just for clarification, it's in the header that may be the problem not the slip on?

Thanks,

Rampage-11

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

I know in the CVO 110 and the collector on the new systems it's in the header, not sure about the slip on in your application.

5. Rampage-11

Rampage-11 Member

Well, can you talk a little more like its to a child for me..Im not mechanical and some of the things you say seem like spanish to me..hehe

I have an 07 FXST, I _THINK_ these pipes I got off ebay came off an 09 SE 110cu. Softail Springer, its the only bike I can find online from 07-09 that has the rear header shape as the one I bought. Not sure this helps, but figured I'd give more info.

Thanks,

Rampage-11

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

Is it possible to post a link to the pipes to see the style you are referring to?

7. Rampage-11

Rampage-11 Member

Harley-Davidson USA | Motorcycles | 2009 Motorcycles

This is what the exhaust i got on ebay looks like...

Now here is what my exhaust on my FXST looks like....

2007 Motorcycles

Hope this helps you can see the difference in the stock 'look' of the pipes as well as the rear header/heat shield. The front heat shield/header looks to be the same...

Rampage-11

8. Rampage-11

Rampage-11 Member

Thanks for your advice, would it be possibe for a check engine light to come on if I used CVO pipes on a 96 cu. in. model? ie: would having the catalytic converters cause the engine to go..hey ***!! ENGAGE ENGINE LIGHT...or something...hehe

Also, do you think just replaceing the rear header would have any effect on the bike's performance?? (assuming they Cat. Converter is in the muffler)

Rampage-11