free website stats program 110 SE Stock Exhaust on 96 Motor? | Harley Davidson Forums

110 SE Stock Exhaust on 96 Motor?

If you were to put the exhaust of a 110 SE motor on a stock 96 in. engine, would this be bad? If so, how and what would it do? I just got what I think is the stock exhaust off of a 110 SE 09 Springer softail. I have a 2007 FXST, It looks like the exhaust will fit my bike but the rear header has a little bit different path and the stock slip ons are cosmetically different as well.

I guess I have two questions, does the path of the rear header matter if its a little different?

and...

Do stock 110 cu. in. Slip ons differ a lot from stock 96 cu. in. slip ons???

Thanks,

Rampage-11

I know in the CVO 110 and the collector on the new systems it's in the header, not sure about the slip on in your application.

Well, can you talk a little more like its to a child for me..Im not mechanical and some of the things you say seem like spanish to me..hehe

I have an 07 FXST, I _THINK_ these pipes I got off ebay came off an 09 SE 110cu. Softail Springer, its the only bike I can find online from 07-09 that has the rear header shape as the one I bought. Not sure this helps, but figured I'd give more info.

Thanks,

Rampage-11

Thanks for your advice, would it be possibe for a check engine light to come on if I used CVO pipes on a 96 cu. in. model? ie: would having the catalytic converters cause the engine to go..hey ***!! ENGAGE ENGINE LIGHT...or something...hehe

Also, do you think just replaceing the rear header would have any effect on the bike's performance?? (assuming they Cat. Converter is in the muffler)

Rampage-11

Back