free website stats program '11 Fat Bob front brake buzzing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

'11 Fat Bob front brake buzzing

I have had that same noise from both EBC and Lyndall after market pads on my 08 RK. At this point, I don't clearly remember if the factory Brembos did it. I have never compared the shape and grooving of the after market pads with the Brembos. I have about 1500 miles on the Lyndall Z+ and as all have said, they are working well. I do get an occasional squeal from the rear brake when the rotor is cold. It took 5000 miles for the Brembos to stop squealing, time and mileage will tell if the Lyndalls need that same amount of mileage for "break in". My intuitive guess is the same as Gliders, a "popping" each time a drilled hole in the rotor goes into or out of the "sandwich" between the pads. At least in this case, many agree with the standard service department comment, "they all do that".

Thanks to all for the inputs, I am afoot all the time right now in Arizona for work and every HD I see pass me I try and listen to it to see if I can hear it. Well a RK stopped at an intersection I was about to cross and I heard that buzz again sooooooo. The way I look at this one is I obviously need to put more miles on the bike (aww shucks) and my exhaust is just too quiet (stock) and I know exactly how to fix both of these problems! One week until I get to ride again!

Back in Hawaii and getting to put some miles on. I sat down and knocked the hard edges off the cross drill holes with a deburring tool and that took care of the buzzing sound. I dont think it helped or hurt performance, but the buzz bugged me so it had to go.... Now on to that set of slip-ons I have my eye on.

I have a '10 Fatbob, and my brother-in-law has an '08. Both bikes do it. I have talked to the dealer about it. They said they could hear the noise, and it is from the cross holes in the front disks. Dealer said it was common with this bike and not to worry about it.

I've had the same noise on my Deuce since I started using Lyndall pads a couple of years ago. I thought it was the nature of the pads. Now I know how to fix it. Thanks guys.

Back