free website stats program '11 883 Iron | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

'11 883 Iron

Oh Ice...not to worry...! Another feature unique to the newest 883 Low 4.2 gal tank, specially "sculpted" for the 883 to make it's lines look low profile (I remember saying they should have utilized the tunnel better so they could have hi capacity tank and still "look" good)! Fooled even your eagle eyes...!:D

Good to know - I thought they had the 3.3 tank. Gotta do some more homework ;)

I know I'll add one of the Sportsters to my stable someday & the Iron's a top candidate. With the larger tank - it just jumped a notch.

The 2011 Iron runs the 3.3 gallon peanut. The Super Low runs the 4.5 gallon.

:s

Sportster Iron 883 XL883N | Custom Motor Bikes | Harley-Davidson USA

Thanks for the feedback guys. Today I've brought my baby home. It handles amazing- the clutch and the brakes are so much more forgiving than on CBR! Didn't have much time to really explore it today, it was getting late, but looking forward to tomorrow!

You can see on the pic that I did put Screaming Eagle pipes on it- the blacked out look is sick!:bigsmiley12:

Oh and btw, I named him Tom!

Attachments

• IMG_0772.jpg
    IMG_0772.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0770.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 48
Juicyiron, nice bike, the 883 Iron has the traditional look, the 3.3 Peanut tank has the tall upright profile so prized in chopper custom community dating back over 20 years, but with the infusion of modern tech, it is a reliable and comfortable bike, with classic lines so much a part of the Sportster genre...in the most popular black color...enjoy!

"TOM" - certainly a Tough Ol' Man to be sure...maybe this guy will pass muster with the folks...LOL! Still remember when I took Coline for a ride out back on my bike and daughter took me aside and asked "--are you trying to kill her?"" (she has long since accepted it and actually rode on the back of a past boyfriends' bike...so she got "over it" pretty well!

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys. Today I've brought my baby home. It handles amazing- the clutch and the brakes are so much more forgiving than on CBR! Didn't have much time to really explore it today, it was getting late, but looking forward to tomorrow!

You can see on the pic that I did put Screaming Eagle pipes on it- the blacked out look is sick!:bigsmiley12:

Welcome Aboard.

Blacked out on your bike does look Awesome !
Be safe:s

I sat on an Iron 883 at a dealership a few weeks ago.....the peanut tank and slim feel is cool as heck! I ride a superglide right now and it is my first bike but if I ever had the desire to put an extra bike in the garage for short hops around town or cruising the beach the iron or the 48 would be a first choice!!!

Great looking bike, the reflectors are throwing off the murdered look though. Once you get use to that horse you sould hit some of the back roads up north like 544 from Piot Point to Mellissa and of course stop at Big Slicks. There is also a great leather shop out there in Westminister. If you need any of that info send me a message.

Nice bike, enjoy!

Back