free website stats program 10K Service - Yes you can | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

10K Service - Yes you can

I was kind of surprised when I poured the 22 ozs of the redline w shockproof into my wifes measuring cup! It was so thick and the color of pepto bismol!!

Ummmm....seems I now owe my wife a new measuring cup!! :newsmile055:
Just tell her the kid borrowed it and keep it in the garage for next oil change...:lolrolling

500 miles oil and fluid review

So it's been 500 miles since I changed to fluids in the scoot and here are my thoughts. YMMV.

Mobil 1 V-Twin 9.99 qt. Seems to run cooler and smoother. It may just be me but seems to rev faster as well. No considerable increase in engine noise for me as others have said.

Redline With Shockproof (trans) 13.99 I do think the shifting is smoother, at least when I am getting on it a bit. The clunk is still there, but a bit quieter I think. Caution, do not use your wife's good 2 qt. measuring cup to measure out the 22oz or whatever you may need! This stuff is like pepto bismol, except it slimes everything!!

Redline primare- 13.99 for me I think this is the biggest difference. The clutch seems to grab with a more positive lock feel.

The bike was serviced previously at the dealer and had the same fluid in all 3 holes. I have no idea what it was, but would bet it was regular not synth.

Biggest hang up was trying to figure out the size of the allen head to drain the primary!!

I could be completely wrong for the primary drain on your bike but on my bike it's not an allen head it's a torx head screw. Are you sure you used the correct tool for the primary plug? Just a thought, if it is torx you might end up stripping it if you continue to use an allen wrench on it.

I've been inspired by the great service stories on this site and will be doing my 20K service myself if the season doesn't end first.

I could be completely wrong for the primary drain on your bike but on my bike it's not an allen head it's a torx head screw. Are you sure you used the correct tool for the primary plug? Just a thought, if it is torx you might end up stripping it if you continue to use an allen wrench on it.

Yup, allen head for sure. I thought it was kind of strange too, but thats what it was. Maybe it was replaced somewhere along the line. I have only had the scoot this year

Back