free website stats program 10K Mile Service at HD | Harley Davidson Forums

10K Mile Service at HD

stuartb01

Almost ready for the 10K mile service, anybody had one done at the dealership lately and can give a ball-park cost?

thanks,
Stu

'06 Dyna Superglide FXDI

I've never had one done but from looking on the price board at a few dealers I think it is somewhere around $300+

You could save a bunch of money and do it yourself IMO, Too many times unless you watch them they will take short cuts and you will pay the freight on this, Most dealers schedule these and pump them out fast so they can make more money. Take a look in the self help section, check your owners manual check list and get started:s

I had a 1000mi service done a few weeks ago and it came to $237. I did supply engine oil (Mobile 1 V-Twin) and transmission oil (Spectro GL-5). So this cut down the price slightly.

Buy a manual and do it your self.... There is nothing to it.:s
And no need to see the dealer....

Stu; There is a service check chart in your owners manual. If you have the shop do the service, go down the list when you get it back. There are several items you can double check to make sure it was indeed looked at. Double check tightness of drain plugs, etc.

Do it yourself of shop around for prices at indy shops. last summer I needed rubber and a 10k......HD wanted $1100 or $1200 to do it! I almost choked.......I shopped around and got the identical rubber and the 10k service for like $600 or $700! The indy shop even photocopied my service schedule and made sure my invoice had everything for the 10k recorded on it for warranty documentation!

Back