free website stats program 106 s&s kit | Harley Davidson Forums

106 s&s kit

jlouden

i was thinking of puting a 106in s&s big bore kit in my 08 SG. was wondring if anyone has used this kit and what else i should do to my bike to get the most out of it. i have python slip ons and a s&s air cleaner on it now. the rest is stock.

I did lots of homework on this kit as I already have my heads off; however, I didn't do it since I'm already at a 103. If I had a 96" and wanted more CI's, I'd go with Axtell 107's and quality headwork/cams. I have nothing against S&S but the Axtells seem to be higher quality (and price). JMO

thanks for your input. the thing is my mech ordered this for a guy and he backed out so i can get a deal on it. s&s said you can run stock heads and cams.dont want to spend alot of cash but want to do it right

I put the 106 on my bike. I'm definitely happy. I put different cams in when I did it, but I have the stock heads (for now....to be continued....). Makes good power, and with my cams I'm very happy. The jugs and pistons alone should put a smile on your face though. What kind of tuner are you running?? You'll definitely want to add some fuel and probably play with the spark advance a bit. The 106 kit comes with all of the gaskets you will need to do the swap except for the rocker box gaskets. I recommend getting the rocker box gaskets and the breather gaskets and doing it all while you are in there. Also, PLENTY of assembly lube on the pistons before you slap them into those jugs. The kit is solid. The jugs are much thicker and heavier than the stockers so you should not worry about cracking one. They are not simply bored out stockers. As for how they compare to the 107, or the SE 103, probably not a huge difference btwn them all, just a couple of cubes. It's all in the tuning at that point.

Back