free website stats program 105! | Harley Davidson Forums

105!

walleye

Contributor
And I don't mean Cubic Inches. 105 degrees here right now. Too hot to ride. I should go for a short one just to see how my bike would handle this heat. If it can handle this then it can handle any heat it will be in while I own it. I sure wish it would cool off. Whole extended forcast is 100+. AUHHGGG!:(

Ran mine in Spain in the summer, same temps if not higher.

Bike was fine, riding in shorts and sandals.. not the best,
but anything else was just too hot.

No Smitty, you did not miss anything, that would be impossible! All I meant is it is too hot for ME. I am not built this type of heat. Feels like a hot air dryer on high blowing in my face. I would rather ride in a crisp 50 degrees anyday.

The day this was taken it was about 120-130 degrees, we considered that a nice day :)
3upsidecar1.JPG

Which one of them are you, or did you take the picture? I guess after seeing that I better shut up and be thankful I have the choice to ride or not to ride on hot days!:s

From your original post, I would have to guess that your located in central Texas where it's been 100+ for about 30 of the last 40 days. Cheer up, it's not even August yet! Just jump on and ride. Think of your throttle as a variable speed fan. The more you turn it the more wind you get. It's really not that bad once you get away from the city and if you wait until it's a crisp 50, you'll limit your riding to about 6 weeks.

Well, I did about 100 miles today. It was 90 when I left and 100 when I got home. 105 AGAIN right now. 106 for a high. It felt good to get out but I had enough by the time I returned. The bike ran great with no issues, but I was only at highway speeds 90 percent of the time and no parade traffic at all. On both my wife and I, anything in contact with the seat was WET! LOL!

Back