free website stats program 103ci hot and noisey | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

103ci hot and noisey

VP84LT with the 280# spring will hold up to 115TQ; the initial pressure is 225# and more than the OEM spring which is also 280# spring but does not have the same initial pressure as the AIM 280# spring. You could go with the 300# spring for 120TQ or the 340# spring for 130TQ; the clutch "hat" remains the same piece of hardware. Remember, the AIM unit is a clutch "hat" that is an additionto the OEM clutch. If you are not interested in reducing the lever pull, the VP95LT would the one. If you want max reduction in lever pull txhe VP68LT would be the one. The VP68LT would require the 480# spring to hold up to 135TQ but still reduces lever pull by 40%.

Barnett Sportsman is another option; they can recommend the particular clutch/spring for your application. The Barnett unit is a complete clutch kit but retains the use of the OEM clutch basket.

I run AIM VPCs in both my bikes but if the Barnett Sportsman had been available at the time, I would have talked to the Barnett guys before making a decision. Do some online research and if/when you need a clutch upgrade, call both vendors and chat them up before pulling the trigger.

VP84LT with the 280# spring will hold up to 115TQ; the initial pressure is 225# and more than the OEM spring which is also 280# spring but does not have the same initial pressure as the AIM 280# spring. You could go with the 300# spring for 120TQ or the 340# spring for 130TQ; the clutch "hat" remains the same piece of hardware. Remember, the AIM unit is a clutch "hat" that is an additionto the OEM clutch. If you are not interested in reducing the lever pull, the VP95LT would the one. If you want max reduction in lever pull txhe VP68LT would be the one. The VP68LT would require the 480# spring to hold up to 135TQ but still reduces lever pull by 40%.

Barnett Sportsman is another option; they can recommend the particular clutch/spring for your application. The Barnett unit is a complete clutch kit but retains the use of the OEM clutch basket.

I run AIM VPCs in both my bikes but if the Barnett Sportsman had been available at the time, I would have talked to the Barnett guys before making a decision. Do some online research and if/when you need a clutch upgrade, call both vendors and chat them up before pulling the trigger.

Back