free website stats program 103" tri gli | Harley Davidson Forums

103" tri gli

The 103" barely made it home today running 25mph ( 1700 rpm ),top speed.I had the throttle wide open,the engine check light was on but running on both cylinders.I removed the ground wire on the Dobeck ( TFI ) plugged the o2 sensors back in thinking it could be the TFI.Nothing helped/changed.I will take the TFI out of the system in the morning and get the trike over to the dealer Tuesday.I don't want any static from them due to the upgrade.Anyone have any suggestions for me ? Thank you for any info. BP

It sounds like you were in limp mode. Is check engine light on????

Thank you for the quick reply.I read the lengthy article and the discription of the effected models/years ( mine is a 2010 ) sounds like my issues.I will wiggle the harness first chance I have to see if the check engine light flickers. BP

Harley has a fix for this, an un-announced fix...the problem is in the connector, the pins are too short. When it happened to me the dealer replaced the pins with longer ones no problem since.
Good luck and be safe.

did the warranty cover h-d's fix? did you have to lead them to the fix or did h-d already have the fix? i'm talking to the shop manager first thing tuesday morning to get the issue corrected.thanks for all the tips. bp

my 11 SG just had this happen on saturday. headin down to see dealer after work tomorrow ! seems this shouldnt be happening when they have known the problem has existed since 08.:newsmile058:

I made it to the dealership parking lot before I went into 'limp-mode'.Harley called me to come up the trike because it was fixed ( new pins in the harness connector).Didn't even make it home and wound up setting on the side of the road....same thing.Dealership came and picked the trike up this time.Haven't heard anything back from them as of 4:00pm. I mentioned a recall and they looked at me like I was nuts.I have $35,000 bucks in the trike and donot trust it any farther than I can throw it.We're wanting to ride to Mackinaw City next week but with this going on....I don't know. I am disappointed in my purchase of a H-D.Not a good experience! BP

man i really feel sorry for you. there seems to be more problems with the '10 & '11 tri-glides.i just turned 17770 miles on my '09 tri-glide .& no cat.
guessin 2010 thats when h-d started to fully manufacture them. hope you bought the ext. warrenty. good luck and keep us informed. also i hear the 6 speed
doesn't like the light weight syn3 oil; as some have repotted the bearings going out on them.

the 'limp-mode',as well as the 'miss' in the trike has been,per the dealer'bad wiring to the throttle actuator all along. The H-D shop had my trike for over a week.Wiring from the wire manufacturer,NOT H-D,was the culprit.The shop metered every wire in the entire wiring harness and one of the wires to the TA was not solid/complete.There was a break in the wire beneath the insulation.It would run fine when it was cold but start missing when it got warmed up. I thought at one time it could even be the Doebeck and all that concideration.I have 150 mi on it and so far everythings running like it should.Thanks to all who have given me positive input in trying to solve my issues. BP

Back