free website stats program 103" tri gli | Harley Davidson Forums

103" tri gli

Just filled up with gas.It runs like (EDIT) .Its an 010 with 5,000 mi.Is there an additive I can use to clean it up?Thanks for any input is appreicated. BP

Try duralt from HD it works good on bad gas:s

Last edited by a moderator:
As Smitty says, if you do use an additive, use the recomended dosage. A lot does not work better. If it is just the one bad tank seafoam is a good option. If it is generally running poorly, you should have the dealer look at it as it would still be under warrenty.

I put 6 ounces of Seafoam in 6 gallons of fuel tonight.I rode about 10 miles and it ran like a new bike should.I'll see how it runs out through this tank.Thanks for your input. BP

When I'm out of town and doing a day trip, Ill pay a lot of attention to the Looks of a station and the Location, Trying to pick the cream of the crop....

Usually the Major Brands work good but occasionally they can go FOUL also...

Thanks for the 6 gal. tank that makes it easier to pick and choose.

I like to get a station that has its 3 grades on separate hoses or find a pump that Has pumped the High Grade... Station workers watch me and wonder When I go to two or three different pumps Looking before I fill up .....

Drives them:small3d023:

That Sea-foam does wonders...

signed....BUBBIE

I don't recall the exact reason, but it's common. Perhaps someone else has the answer, but mine would do it everytime if I topped it off too high and then parked it all day without putting miles on it. I used to fill up right before I got to work and then drive just two blocks and park it all day. When I'd start up to go home, the bike would start misfiring and run bad until it burned some fuel off. It would sputter everytime you got on the throttle about half way.

once i filled my bike right up after a long ride, it was summer and as the fuel expanded when parked in the my garage at home it leaked out onto the floor but started and ran fine.

Overfilling the fuel tank will flood the evaporative control system so your fuel tank closed venting and sealed cap will actually prevent intake of fuel due to hydraulic lock, until some air can get in there to vent system vacuum...

Back