free website stats program 103 to 110 and other stories | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

103 to 110 and other stories

I think you are wise to stick with the 103. The 110 has been plagued with all kinds of problems. I have a buddy who has gone through 3 of them. He wishes he would of stopped at the 103.

I think you are wise to stick with the 103. The 110 has been plagued with all kinds of problems. I have a buddy who has gone through 3 of them. He wishes he would of stopped at the 103.

From what I gathered, the most of the 110 engine problems came from the early CVO models (not the kit) up to a 2008 recall and modifications (gasket and/or whatever), so recent 110 should not suffer that much trouble.

I admit that having to change an engine twice must be quite depressing, so glad not to run that risk anyway...

What m.y. was your friend's 110? Was it the SE 110 Stage I kit or a factory CVO?

Thanx!

Good day, You might want to go with a TMAN 107CI, stage 2 or 3 with 625 cams.
I have it on my 09 Deluxe and the HP & Tq are well above the 100 range. Used a Master Tune to dial it in.

Just a thought, TMAN is on the web..........

From what I gathered, the most of the 110 engine problems came from the early CVO models (not the kit) up to a 2008 recall and modifications (gasket and/or whatever), so recent 110 should not suffer that much trouble.

I admit that having to change an engine twice must be quite depressing, so glad not to run that risk anyway...

What m.y. was your friend's 110? Was it the SE 110 Stage I kit or a factory CVO?

Thanx!

It was from the kit. It is an 08 FLTR.

Most of the expert builders say that if you want to go bigger than 103-107(107 is the largest that you can safely bore your cylinders) to skip the 110 and go to the SE113.

Back