free website stats program 103 question | Harley Davidson Forums

103 question

marknett

with the new 103 (1690) motors , What hp and torque should I be around wirh stage 1 upgrade and slip-on vance and hines pipe .. This is with the dealer download which most on here are not impressed with. Just a general idea please

Mark; Some 103" Dyno runs I've read show 63 hp / 80 tq. bone stock
78 hp / 92 tq stage 1 , and 90 hp / 100 tq. with cams. Keep in mind, there's a LOT of possible variances on dyno numbers.

Thanks for the reply ... I would have thought a little higher Since they advertise 100 torque on the web specs. But your right , there are a lot of ways to change the numbers lol :)

Thanks for the reply ... I would have thought a little higher Since they advertise 100 torque on the web specs. But your right , there are a lot of ways to change the numbers lol :)

Manufacturers almost always report hp and tq numbers as measured at the crankshaft. Most things I've read/heard through the years say 10 -15 % less at the rear wheel. Plus, the mfgs. usually select a hand built, tuned to the teeth, controlled atmospere, etc.etc. for the numbers. Sorta like the MPG numbers they use. :p

with the new 103 (1690) motors , What hp and torque should I be around wirh stage 1 upgrade and slip-on vance and hines pipe .. This is with the dealer download which most on here are not impressed with. Just a general idea please

If you have the race tuner you can richen that stage1 up a bit, all the factory download does is return the AFR to what it was with the stock A/C on it that's why most are not happy with it. :s

Your bike probably has a nasty catalyic in the colector like the 2010 FatBob's and up. Saw a picture of one that was cut out. Amazing any air can get through it...

Back