free website stats program 103 derby cover on 2011 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

103 derby cover on 2011

Hello, I was wanting to put one of these 103 Derby covers on my bike! I was wondering, what exactly to expect when I remove the original? Is this just as simple as removing the 5 screws and changing these out? I guess the reason I'm not sure about this is seeing that there is a gasket with this part? Is there fluid behind this cover? I love to ride, but not a mechanic by any means! Also, the part number I got here didn't pull it up on the Harley site? Can someone help me with that part number too! Thank you all for your help! :)

Yes, there is primary fluid behind the derby cover so you will want to have the bike straight up and down. Not leaning on the jiffy stand to prevent minimum spillage . You can remove the cover most of the time and get away without having to change the gasket. I have done it a couple of times on mine. Although, they do recommend to change it every time you remove the derby cover. As far as the part number I don't have that info for you sorry.

I like them, the wife just picked up a 2012 switchback and the derby cover is awesome I'll try the part # and get one for my Limited.

Hello, I was wanting to put one of these 103 Derby covers on my bike! I was wondering, what exactly to expect when I remove the original? Is this just as simple as removing the 5 screws and changing these out? I guess the reason I'm not sure about this is seeing that there is a gasket with this part? Is there fluid behind this cover? I love to ride, but not a mechanic by any means! Also, the part number I got here didn't pull it up on the Harley site? Can someone help me with that part number too! Thank you all for your help! :)

25416-99c Gasket, you will need a torx27, I like to use anti sieze on the bolts when I install the cover, Check the self help section, The Boss has a PDF on the Derby cover:s

Listen to Jack. If you go with a torx 25, you'll probably wish you hadn't. It really needs the 27, otherwise you can strip out the bolt head.

Why HD doesn't include one is beyond me.

Back