free website stats program 103 cylinders and pistons into 96 engine | Harley Davidson Forums

103 cylinders and pistons into 96 engine

glaxo1

I got an exceptional deal on 103 jugs and pistons. I have a 96 cuin 2007 FLHTC with a Champion trike kit. It's heavy. I put SS 510 cams in last year and I now have plenty of torque. However, with 2 up and inclines ahead the engine needs a little more power. If I install just the 103 cylinders and pistons will there be a noticeable power increase. I really don't want to invest the effort to make the change if it won't give me any benefit. I'm interested in the advice of you experts. Thanks.

I cannot answer that one, ALL i can say is my 2015 103 Freewheeler has plenty of snort even with 2 up I am impressed with a stock 103

I got an exceptional deal on 103 jugs and pistons. I have a 96 cuin 2007 FLHTC with a Champion trike kit. It's heavy. I put SS 510 cams in last year and I now have plenty of torque. However, with 2 up and inclines ahead the engine needs a little more power. If I install just the 103 cylinders and pistons will there be a noticeable power increase. I really don't want to invest the effort to make the change if it won't give me any benefit. I'm interested in the advice of you experts. Thanks.

There will be a measureable increase in TQ/HP by increasing displacement from 96" to 103" and retaining the 510 cams.

It would be a good idea to have the cylinders lightly honed to remove any glaze on the cylinder wall, install new rings and break in properly to seat the rings. It would also be a good idea to service the heads while off, i.e., clean them up, replace guide seals lap the valves in and lightly mill the deck surface to true it up. Install compression releases and use a .030" head gasket.

I agree with Dolt on what he said. The compression releases will really help prolong the life of your stater. You can get either manual or electrical ones, either way the heads will have to be drilled for them.
tourbox

Back