free website stats program 103 Build | Harley Davidson Forums

103 Build

Roadking7

Hi, I just did a 103 build on my 07 Streetking, 103 takeoff with heads, juggs and flattops with ACR adjustable Pushrods 255 cams. The bike runs great except for some tapping I hear coming from the left side of the motor. and it's not all the time. 50 to 70 range not at idle not sitting still , only when going down the road. I put new lifters in, Could this be them making the noise or something else. Mind you when I did this the bike had over 81,000 on it.
Any help or ideas will most helpful.

This tapping could be alot of things, first thing to check is score marks inside the pushrod tubes, the higher lift cams and push rods may be the source of the noise

Didn't he state "left side of motor".. I'm assuming that is primary side ?

Yes he did and that is the primary side. However, the OP didn't go into the primary, he rebuilt the top end and valve train. So, the "tapping" the OP is referring to is most likely the result of the most recent modification, not the primary which was untouched. Just a hunch though.:s

I'm just thinking he might now be hearing stuff he hadn't really paid attention to before........Left is left is primary....or I guess the left side of whichever head

Back