free website stats program 103 big bore | Harley Davidson Forums

103 big bore

mike_h

hope i posted this in thr right spot i have a 2007 fxst just did 103 big bore 211 cams and fully ported the heads with comp releases put rush slip on just woundering wat my bike should be dynoing at pick it up next monday.

not sure wat they are setting it at i know he said he goin put a fat map in it for the frist 500 miles then i take it back for a final dyno hopin to get 95 108

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 103 big bore and the stock 103 on the flhtp or police bike?

Hobbit,
Bigger cams in the big bore kit? How should the HP and torque measure up? I know for a while there were allot of problems with the starters in the police models because of the compression issues. So, I think they upgraded the starter.

Have witnessed 103"ers banging on 120/120, SAE, on other dynos.
Not freakish, finicky engines, but tame at a kitten 'till you grab the right handgrip.:D
Scott

Hobbit,
Bigger cams in the big bore kit? How should the HP and torque measure up? I know for a while there were allot of problems with the starters in the police models because of the compression issues. So, I think they upgraded the starter.

The big bore kit doesn't bring out starter issues it brings out compensator sprocket issues !!! The compensator sprocket is a weak link in the 96" motor , I have the 103 with 255 cams and stock heads and the bike had issues with what I thought was the starter so I took the bike to a dealer and they replaced the starter and the bike still had starter problems ( I thought ) so the dealer wanted to install compression releases at a big price tag . I did some research and decided to do the SE compensator sprocket upgrade and WA-LA all my so called starter problems were gone and the bike still has NO compression releases . IMO the bike don't need compression releases or head work because it is a big waste of $$ , my bike has 108 lb of tourqe with stock heads and others that have had the head work done are only getting 6-8 more lbs of tourqe so the cost vs performance gain is not that good , I won't have any head work done till the bike needs it .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back