free website stats program 100th anniversary tank badge | Harley Davidson Forums

100th anniversary tank badge

Cider1

Hi
Can someone tell me if the 'Bar & Shield" emblem that is used on the 100th anniversary tank badge is available as a separate part? When my bike was parked up this afternoon some 'dear person' decided that they needed one of mine more that I did!!
The rest of the emblem is undamaged so I would like to only replace the shield if that's possible.

I've done the usual searches but can only find complete emblems or ones without the shield fitted, there is no mention of how to obtain the shield on its own.

I hope someone can answer this.

Cheers
Frank :cheers

Google " Ronnie's Harley parts finder." They do sell them individually.
WAP.gif

Hi Rubyred
Thanks for the very quick reply. I've checked on Ronnies site and they only sell the complete emblem. The pice I'm looking for is just the bar and shield from the center of the 'wings'. As a last resort I'd get a full one and remove the part.

Thanks again

Frank

They are not available individually. You'll have to purchase the whole emblem. It may have disconnected and flew off on its own. They get loose and catch all the wind on edge and sooner or later fly off. I know because mine did a circle in front of me one night and I couldn't figure out at the time what it was. The next day I realized what exactly it was.

If you have to get a whole badge, I would take the emblem of the new badge and stick it on the badge on your tank. It will be easier to position the new emblem on the badge than it will be to position the new bdge on the tank.

To remove such things, a good, fine, nylon fishing line should work fine, without marring the badge or the tank, depending on which way you want to go. Just fashion the fishing line like a garrot, tying each end to a ring, or a bar. Then work the line under what you want to remove and go back and forth, like a wire saw. I'm not sure it will not scratch clear coat, so test or be very careful.

Good luck,
Rich P

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like i'm going to have to buy the full emblem.

Thanks again
Frank

I would NOT remove the bar and shield from the new badge. It has two nubs on the back of it that fit into two holes on the main badge. If the holes do not line up properly or the bar and shield ends up crooked, you have pulled apart a perfectly good badge.
Mark the old ones position with some blue painters tape. Use fishing line or dental floss to peel old one off, clean the area, stick new one back in the confines of the tape on the tank.

Thanks for the warning Bodeen. I was thinking that the pins going into the holes would make the alignment easier.

Frank

Back