free website stats program 100K & my belt breaks | Harley Davidson Forums

100K & my belt breaks

wannaride

What luck is that. So now I need to tear it down for the belt & to look at the cam chain tensioners.
CAM00002_zpsd1749077.jpg

Toby

I wouldn't think you've got anything to feel bad about.100,000 miles out of a belt is one heck of an achievement! What's that?-at least 3 or 4 chains and sprockets on any other bike.Plus all that lube everywhere and frequent adjustments.Take a bow.

Thanks for the comments. I use Amsoil, have changed tensioners & bearings around 50K & going into the cam chest to check the tensioners again (checked them around 75K also). New belt, sprockets front & rear & the shift shaft seal I just did about 5K back when I replaced the lever. Not sure if the belt had ever been changed since I got it around the mid 40K mark. Will ask the previous owner when I see him. Thinking of going to different size sprockets but not sure I want to mess with changing the belt size & all. I like the way it runs, might be happier if I got an overdrive but living in Colorado with the mountains it might be more of a pain than a blessing.

Toby

Back