free website stats program $1000 worth of Accessories | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

$1000 worth of Accessories

The folks who insist the first thing you NEED to do is Stage One stuff always make me shake my head. As Smitty said, the first thing you NEED to do is make sure the bike fits you and is comfortable enough for you to ride for whatever length of time is your preference. I'm talking seat, handlebars, backrest, highway pegs, grips. Then, depending on how much of a wrench you are, consider getting some services thrown in or an extended warranty. I would even put safety stuff like a brighter headlamp and a brake flasher unit ahead of any pipes or Stage one stuff. I don't care how much extra oomph your bike has or how great it sounds, if it isn't comfortable or it's broke, you aren't going to be riding it much.

You asked for opinions - that's mine and it's definitely the minority one!

I guess its just a matter of preference. Some people want comfort first and some (like myself) want the bike to perform and sound like a Harley should. All of these new EPA regulations have really made performance a back burner thing. Comfort is important and something that I have always wanted to take care of as soon as possible but to me, Stage 1 type of stuff comes first. Sorry I made you shake your head :52:

Well, you all have good thoughts... here is mine, I am 6'7", so new bars are a must, floorboard extenders maybe,new seat maybe, but probably will hold off for something not Harely. I don't need or want new pipes (yet) and they don't rank very high on my list. I like the sound of my factory pipes on my Street Glide, just wish a bit deeper rumble, not louder. Basically my list was new bars and needed cables, smoked out lens, and a few shiney pieces... like one of you stated, $1,000 bucks don't go very far.

According to the local dealers they are also including a 103" upgrade as well. Makes me wonder, are sales down that low?

Actually, I think sales are pretty good right now.

I don't know if you bought your bike from the Adamec family. I did and haven't regretted a second of it. These guys are "reinventing the wheel" and making a dealership run the way it's supposed to run, where customer satisfaction is always number one. The dealership was absolutely terrible in the 80's when they had the one shop on Roosevelt outside the Naval Air Station. I went in there one time for some parts and was not really warm and fuzzy when I left. I didn't go back until last year (almost 25 years and 3 Harleys later) but was impressed...enough so to ride away on the Ultra I have now.

I think the 103" upgrade on the purchase of an in-stock 2009 was for one weekend only but they may have carried it over.

If you have not taken advantage of the "Adamec Advantage" you can save a LOT of money on parts and accessories with it. And if you are a member of a local HOG chapter (which they sponsor both local chapters) you can get even MORE of a discount/savings.

Back