free website stats program $1000 worth of Accessories | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

$1000 worth of Accessories

if you cant be well liked , be well hated.. :D Speaking of Wifey, she is always sitting on back of ultra when if moves.. rain or shine..

IMO, an absolute must for any "stock" bike is a Stage 1 upgrade. Thats what I would have them through in.

Maybe a bike cover, first service stuff (e.g. oil, filter other fluids), oil cooler, the right seat if the stock one doesn't suit you, cleaning stuff.....

Local dealers (3 of them) here in Jacksonville, FL are offering $1000 in extras on new bike purchase and $500 in extras on a used bike. Went by the Harley dealership the other day and they had a used Ultra Calssic with all the goodies, only had 1300 miles on it 17 thousand.

Remember that if you are offered $1000 in extras, I would opt for something I could walk away with as opposed to a service for obvious reasons. Also remember that most Harley items are marked up almost 100% so they are really giving you very little for nothing. :s

The folks who insist the first thing you NEED to do is Stage One stuff always make me shake my head. As Smitty said, the first thing you NEED to do is make sure the bike fits you and is comfortable enough for you to ride for whatever length of time is your preference. I'm talking seat, handlebars, backrest, highway pegs, grips. Then, depending on how much of a wrench you are, consider getting some services thrown in or an extended warranty. I would even put safety stuff like a brighter headlamp and a brake flasher unit ahead of any pipes or Stage one stuff. I don't care how much extra oomph your bike has or how great it sounds, if it isn't comfortable or it's broke, you aren't going to be riding it much.

You asked for opinions - that's mine and it's definitely the minority one!

According to the local dealers they are also including a 103" upgrade as well. Makes me wonder, are sales down that low?

Back