free website stats program 1000 mile service $$$$ | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1000 mile service $$$$

Lancer,

Thanks for the CD info, but I'm still going to get the regular manual. I'll need it nearby when I actually do work. Tracy

Thanks once again. I'm very mechanically inclined and will start with the next one. Yep the ladies down here are rough on me. I'm on my 4th one but still kicking.

My dealer quoted $418.00 for 1000 mile service, maybe your getting a deal? I instead purchased a service manual, filter and all required oil for less than $100.00 and did it myself and feel good about it. Maybe you should try the same. Just a thought.

My Nightster is due its first service the end of this month the HD technician has quoted me €380 ($518 £298) and no thats not a typo, after picking myself off of the floor I asked him again...and then again to make sure I had heard him right the first two times! :shock:

I changed my own oils and adjusted my cables and clutch, but didn't have the stuff for adjusting the belt tension, so I took it in for that. I have every intention of investing in a jack and maybe one of those Condor's so I don't have to find someone to hold the bike up straight. I hate paying for something I could do myself!!!!

Back