free website stats program 1000 mile service? | Harley Davidson Forums

1000 mile service?

I have a friend who is an independant certified HD mechanic and he said he would do the 1000 mile service for about half the dealer price, will it void my warranty if I take it to him instead of the stealer?

Some dealers might tell you that it will. If they do I suggest you report them to your states Attorneys general office.

" Independent, certified harley mechanic ".

Not to cause an issue, as who does your service does not matter as far as warranty is concerned, as long as it can be proven that all steps were performed correctly, and correct parts were purchased and used, but the above statement, "independant, certified harley mechanic" is a bit sketchy, and is used in advertisements daily to make customers feel that there work is being performed by a person that is certified by Harley Davidson. I can assure you they are not. If you are not employed by, and have dealership support you have all certifications removed by Harley Davidson, if you had ever obtained them. You no longer have the ability to continue, or maintain your certification through HDU, yes Harley Davidson University, as well as all of your communications are removed from H-Dnet, so all service bulletins, tech tips etc. are not available.

Yes, there are a ton of competent technicians working on there own, doing top notch work from shops, and even home garages, but beware of those saying they are a certified harley tech, as if they do not have dealer support they are no longer recognized by HD. I am sure many were aware of this, and if I had not seen someone today with a shirt from an aftermarket shop with a dealership recognition patch on it, I would not spent as much time typing, it always makes me smile, kind of like the guy with the "concealed carry badge, good way to get shot.......

Peace to all

Back