free website stats program 1000 mile service rip off | Harley Davidson Forums

1000 mile service rip off

bikermoses

Banned
So i went to stealer today to get oil filter and o rinds gasket for derby cover. And im told i cant do the first service stealer has to do it if i do it warranty void and well he showed me in my Manuel BS thats crap to top it off my day of changing 3 holes for 70.00 bucks for me doing work just turned into 300.00 to have them do it . well sorry guys but made my mind up stop at a Polaris dealer on way home pissed and i just may have a new vision in driveway tomorrow because for one there first service is recommended but get this only cost 145.00 bucks so keep your eye on ebay because theres going to be a few things harley for sale . i just cant believe that a company that promotes freedom is nothing more then a dictatorship.

If you call the MOCO, they refer you to the dealer under the premise that they are independently owned and they are the ones to take the heat for everything.

If you do the service, they cannot void anything at all if you use oils that meet or exceed their oils which most quality oils do.

Tell them you want that in writing, bet you a weeks paycheck you don't get it.:s

I know you're totally frustrated but you're also totally over reacting. The dealer cannot void your warranty if you do your own work. This is a total scare tactic. Don't get emotional, just do it yourself and save all your receipts.

And don't sell your Harley just to spite the company/dealer. Remember why you bought it in the first place!

I have to ask were this comes from I have been riding about 35 years.
I have never seen anything like this.
Were does this happen list the dealers name and location.
On the one I bought in 2007 dealer ask me if I was going to bring it or not and informed me that the 1000 mile was no big deal on this one because was nothing that needed adjusting and if i ran over a bit it would not madder.

Bought my 07 UC at Ozark HD in Lebanon,Mo. , 1 1/2 hr. ride from home and I was at 2800/3000 miles before I got it back down to them for 1st(1k) oil change at $295/$300 +/-. Now that's MY BAD for that many miles,I don't treat my scoot harsh but I don't sit around and "baby powder its little behind" either. Anyway --- got it down there and was talking to the service mngr.(not the dealer or sales rep.) and asked if they would do the 5k maintence instead of the 1k. he told me NO because if it is not on the books that the 1k wasn't preformed on the bike and if something happened-- eng.,tranny --- shot craps, THE WARRANTY WOULD BE VOID and I would be out of pocket expense for repair bill!!!

So was it american or brighton .. both told me the same thing.. i did my own last week.. i do service work and know they cant force you to use the dealer

The dealership is ABC Harley in Waterford and ill show you what he showed me when you read it its kind of going both ways yeah its ok no its not ok so hear it goes i tried scanning it but didnt work so word for word. BREAK-IN MAINTENANCE
NOTE
The performance of new motorcycle initial service is requiered to keep your new motorcycle warrenty in force and to assure proper emissions system operation.
Refer to Table 29. after a new motorcycle has ridden its first 1000 miles,it should be taken to an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer for initial service operations. That was taken from page 81 in the 2008 dyna owners manuel. now part two.
NOTES
Refer to table 29. Reguler maintenance interval operations are required to keep your new motorcycle warranty in force. The use of other than Harley-Davidson approved parts and service procedures may void warranty.Any alterations to the emission system components,such as the exhaust system,may be in violation of federal and state laws.
That is from page 157, so i guess you lawyers tell me to me it sounds if as long you have records of job its ok. You tell me.

now i didnt do anything to bike yet i had just gone in to get oil filter and gasket kit, got my spectro 20 50w and 6speed and spectro primary oils siting on bench. But i got told nooo! you cant do it yourself so now i wait to see what the HD gods say:wall

you can o it your self look up the moss magnason act its posted on here my spelling of it might be wrong.. just document everything and save recipts

I hear you its just been crazy around here. mom wrecks, my wife and i quit smoking, kids going crazy over grandma wreck in her vrod then having someone tell you cant pissed me off i like to tinker on machines when things go wrong and that just made me mad I'm not selling it I've relaxed thanks to Coors light. All i wanted was a oil filter and gasket kit. Thanks guys and keep the rubber side down.

Back